Astrill on iPhone with other browsers?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AeroBar, Jun 22, 2013.

1. AeroBar macrumors 6502a

Hi,

Is anybody here familiar with Astrill?

I bought the Photon browser to watch Flash video (when will the world move on?) but changing the server with Astrill does not affect the browser.

I have contacted Astrill help, and the guy said Astrill on mobile devices doesn't work with 2nd party apps, yet it works with the BBC iPlayer, Netflix, and other apps.

Does anybody know how I can fix this?

I'm in China, and the Flash content is on a Canadian website.

Cheers.

2. dextr3k macrumors 6502

I use astrill on my iPhone for pandora.

What I recommend is that you give up the app altogether and go through iOS native VPN settings. For astrill it is actually really simple, just goto their website, log in and goto my vpn services. Theres and iphone/ipad configuration button. select which servers you want to use (I think iphone supports both pptp and l2tp protocols, correct me if I am wrong, I use the l2tp protocol) and generate the file. It should default to mailing you a link. Log into your email on your phone and just click the file, it will auto load a profile on your phone, and you will have vpn setup.

3. AeroBar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi dextr3k.

Sorry, work got hectic.

I don't use an Astrill app - I use the native VPN in Settings.

4. dextr3k macrumors 6502

If you are using it, then it should work.

I can log into Facebook from my safari browser when vpn is connected, as well as the youtube app.

I think it might actually be an incompatibility between Photon browser and vpns all together? I am afraid I can't think of any way to test that unless you try to load facebook from photon browser and see.