Asurion (Verizon) sent my wife a brand new phone as a replacement.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mikeyfabs, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Mikeyfabs macrumors member

is this the norm?? Instead of wasting an upgrade this year I was thinking of just getting a replacement for my 6+ from them and saving my upgrade for the 7

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It depends. Usually if they send you a new phone it's because they have run out of refurbs or a particular phone has just recently been released. But you cannot count on new.

I had my HTC Touch Pro replaced in mid-2009. Brand new, less than two months old and they gave me a refurb. My wife's Touch Pro was replaced in 2011 or so and by that time Asurion had run out of Touch Pro stock (new or refurb) so they replaced it with an HTC Touch Pro 2.

Just depends what stock they have on hand.

3. Mikeyfabs thread starter macrumors member

4. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

An AT&T rep told me one time that all of their insurance claim devices are new and not refurbished. I haven't personally tried this and I'm slightly skeptical but YMMV.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yeah, they will tell you that because they want you to buy the insurance. You are right to be skeptical.

6. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

I think it just depends. One of my co workers from my old job told me that he cracked his phone and got a new replacement from AT&T, except they didn't have Space Grey and had to send him a gold one.

7. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

I had my iPhone 6 plus stolen back in May - Aursion sent me a replacement which was refurbished. The phones screen would go unresponsive at times. I called in to their tech support and they sent me a brand new phone the second time