AT&T 20GB for the price of 10GB question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by badger91, Dec 6, 2014.

1. badger91 macrumors regular

Hey everyone back in October I jumped on the bandwagon and called AT&T retrntions to get 20GB for the price of 10GB. I just received my bill and was charged $150 for that plan. I called them and they said there was never such a promotion. Has anyone else experienced this issue? My bill is $75ish higher than normal and they won't give me any credits.

2. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance

No issue here. Past 2 bills been just fine for me.

3. aristobrat macrumors G5

IIRC, they should have sent you a confirmation text when you switched.

What does your bill show now? I'd image since this was all during the "double your plan" days, you're now on the 40GB plan?

Attached Files:

4. badger91 thread starter macrumors regular

The text they sent me is long gone lol. It shows I'm on mobile share 20 for $150 then there is a $72 national discount because I get 24% off. In the other charges and credits section there is a credit for $76 for mobile share 10gb then an added $150 for the 20gb plan. That section is where the difference is coming from.

5. MatheusDebull macrumors newbie

I haven't had any issues with my bill after the switch. It sounds like the retention agent you spoke with screwed up when applying it (did they apply it at the start of your next billing cycle?). I'd contact AT&T and try to force the issue.

6. aristobrat macrumors G5

Might be worth talking to the retention dept when you call back since this was an unpublished plan. Regular reps are probably still unaware of it.

7. badger91 thread starter macrumors regular

I called and they said the retention department isn't accepting calls today. I'm so pissed

8. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Sounds like they switched you to the 20GB plan instead of switching you to the 20GB for 10GB plan.

9. dmlv macrumors newbie

in my experience with retentions (and even cust serv) they really are great and will do you right. just be very nice and ask them to "please help you"....this is what u switched too..blah and that you are so happy with the service you would not want to leave for another carrier but have tested another network and will port the # over and save $'s by doing so. if this is fixed you will stay and leave things be.
    then just explain it was a promotion..blah..whatever the issue. have the facts and your dates straight. i would be shocked if they do not credit you and get things straight.
    i buy/manage devices for my co and deal w all the carriers...and att and t mob are much easier to work with..just my opinion as i deal with all the carriers on a regular basis.

10. badger91 thread starter macrumors regular

AT&T 20GB for the price of 10GB question

I just got off the phone with retentions. Supposedly the promotion only went until October 20th and I called on the 22nd. Backdating the promo didn't work so I ended up on the normal 20gb plan. The guy was only able to give me the 15gb promo now but gave me a $160 credit on my bill. He told me to watch for that 20gb for the price of 10 promo next month as they are aggressively trying to keep up with their competitors. Overall in satisfied now that my bill isn't $80 higher than normal. Thanks guys.

11. nikhsub1 macrumors 68010

nikhsub1

The promotion went until oct 23 at midnight. That was the official time it was killed.

12. SHirsch999, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014

SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

I called on the 22nd too and got the promo. It probably just depended on who you talk to at the time.

13. Lylyluvda916 macrumors regular

No issue for me. Still enjoying my 20gb for $100.

14. badger91 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah most likely. My family only uses about 5gb a month so I didn't really need the 20 but getting more for your money is always good. Hopefully they run the promo again in the near future. At least I got a good credit to my bill.