AT&T 5s poor reception in Naperville, IL.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Pearl, Oct 9, 2013.

1. The Pearl macrumors newbie

Note from daughter:

Our new iPhones don't work well at all in our house - We're are trying to find out why, spoke with AT&T twice tonight but got cut off both times. It seems a lot of people who've updated to the new phones and iOS 7 are having similar problems with reception so I just wanted you to know in case you try to call me anytime soon. But my texting always seems to be working fine. We had no problems with our 2 previous iPhone 4S models.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

2. JakeT85 macrumors regular

JakeT85

AT&T 5s poor reception in Naperville, IL.

I haven't noticed any signal difference coming from my iphone 5. I will be up in Naperville and Aurora though this weekend, will see if my phone is getting lower than normal signal. They could be having a tower issue and it's just a weird coincidence that you got new phones around the time it started.

A few steps you could do are to call AT&T from landline if you have one and have them put in a trouble ticket for the area, download the mark the spot app from App Store and report the area as having low signal, on the phones go to settings>general>reset>reset network settings, and if all else fails and they don't fix it you can always get a microcell from them (usually for free of you complain enough) to hook up to your home internet and it will give the equivalent of a small tower in you home. Best of luck

3. c0LdFire macrumors regular

From experience, AT&T's reliability varies a LOT in more rural IL areas. You can go from being fine one day to dropping calls left and right and having your data connection disappear for 20 minutes at a time the next day. Verizon's no saint either, but I've had -FAR- more luck in IL with them.

Let's not even mention AT&T's gaping 20 mile wide deadzones further down south near Peoria/Springfield, either.

4. KPOM macrumors G5

Try disabling LTE and seeing if that helps? If so, perhaps you are in an LTE "dead spot" where you have enough signal so that it tries to connect to it, but not enough for your data to go through.

If it's voice calls that aren't coming through, it isn't LTE (since voice uses 3G). Do you still have either of the 4s around? If so, try putting the SIM back in there and seeing if you have the same issues. If not, maybe have the phones checked out.