AT&T Activation Fee Waived 3-26-2013

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Ok, for all the nay sayers, I just had my $36 fee waived, however they did inform me that AT&T will over the next month or two be stopping all of this waiving of fees even if you have a FAN account no matter who you work for.

It will be interesting what they do, but they all need to add the $36 into their price if they are going to make us pay it, so the phone is not $200, in reality it will be $240 and I was told they charge the fee to make up some of the difference of what AT&T pays to Apple.

2. antman2295 macrumors 6502

Thanks for the 411, I was about to call today and see if I could get my upgrade fee waived. I called in a couple months ago about getting my activation fee waived for someone, but they wouldn't do it and claimed they "have never done it".

3. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

They're liars. The activation fee is just a fee for AT&T to get from their customers. All carriers charge the fee. Well, T-Mobile doesn't, but they seem to be the only carrier with a brain.

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-3361

4. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

I was told the fee goes to the paying the store rep who helped you..but what if you goto the Apple store or buy online? Anyway, glad I got in before the door shut.:cool:

5. TC25 macrumors 68020

That's why they're doing so well. It's always brainy for a business to make less money.

6. 5enohpi macrumors regular

5enohpi

Just call and bitch about coverage at your home and they'll give you a $50 credit. That should offset the $36 you paid. I do this 2-3 times a year

7. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

They better waive mine for my iphone 5S . = )
    Doubt it though will see

----------

Lol

8. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Best is when you have a ATT company discount and you make them feel guilty to not helping one of their own.

9. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I am not saying I believe them, it is just what I have heard from them, even asking several people at different times. We all know the carriers charge this fee just because they can screw us, however there are other ways around this on AT&T, I never had any luck years ago with Verizon anyway, they never gave me a credit for anything.