Carrier AT&T and a preordered X that hasn’t shipped

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blackjackmark, Nov 3, 2017.

1. blackjackmark macrumors 6502

I’m still waiting for a bump on delivery for mine, scheduled for nov17-24 since ordered originally throigh Apple.

Thinking of getting up at 6am to see if I can get one at an Apple store and prepay and then drive there (it’s a two hour drive.)

My complication is that of course my line is tied up with the preorder. I have other lines on the plan, but they are on the Next plan from last year. I can’t pay them off as if I would, I’d lose the credits we are getting from last year’s crazy-good promo where we got $650 in credits for trading in the 6.

If I would use one of those lines, but through the Apple Store pay in full for an X, would that screw up my Next plan on the line that was used? While adding to my cart in the Apple store app, it pops up a screen and tells me I still have installments left on that line, but never states whether it has to be paid. It allows me to get past that screen and add it to my cart.

Any experience with this?

2. pdxmatts, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017

pdxmatts macrumors 68000

pdxmatts

I don't think
    I don't think so. If you are paying in full you just pop your SIM card in. It won't do anything to your existing line. They just want to make sure you have a carrier. You might get charged a $25 fee from ATT

3. blackjackmark thread starter macrumors 6502

That’s what I hope. The only reason it makes me wonder is that it will not allow me to just use the same line as used for my current order. Says that it cannot be used until the phone is received and activated. Which I would happily do if they’d ever ship it to me!:rolleyes:

4. pdxmatts, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017

pdxmatts macrumors 68000

pdxmatts

If you find one at
    If you find one at the store, you can just cancel that pre order. PIF and use your existing sim. Before turning it on, take out the sim included with the phone and put your sim in the phone and then activate it. That way you might also avoid the $25 activation fee ;)