AT&T and Facetime

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nitemare, Oct 17, 2012.

1. nitemare macrumors regular

2. SoundWagon macrumors member

SoundWagon

I find this restriction to be totally bogus. I can't wait for the jailbreak to come out I so can use my3G again, and actually get to use the data that I pay for.

3. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

And you should file one, too, if you agree.

I'm in the same boat with Verizon's stance on 4G LTE tethering in light of the FCC's consent and decree order. Allowing it on Shared Data plans without a fee is discriminatory for those of us with unlimited data plans. Agree or not, it's completing wrong.

I have written several emails to Julius Genochowski chairman of the FCC and Al Franken who spearheaded getting Google Voice in the App Store, and John Kerry Senate Chairman of the Communications subcommittee.

Next is to file a formal complaint with the FCC.

4. richmds macrumors regular

I hope all you ATT customers get together and have it resolved. That is a ridiculous Wifi only policy.

5. Senseotech macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

This isn't a story. Myself and several others in this forum alone have filed complaints with the FCC over this. AT&T then calls you about the complaint and tries to say "You're wrong, its not against Net Neutrality, and we can do what we want." At this point, I politely corrected the lady, informing her it wasn't AT&T's right to declare what was and wasn't against the law and that until the FCC clearly said one way or the other, AT&T had no right to state it as fact. Needless to say, she didn't really care for, getting defensive and short with me, saying "So I assume you want us to tell the FCC you still wish to file the complaint," to which I said yes please. Got a letter in the mail a week later, a CC'ed copy of one sent from AT&T to the FCC, basically recapping the call.

6. MassiveAttack, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012

MassiveAttack macrumors 6502a

I just filed complaint with the Better Business Bureau regarding the Face time restriction. I have no intentions on using face time, it's the principal that pisses me off. ATT should not dictate what I can and cannot do with the data I pay for. I'll post the result of my complaint if and when it gets resolved. I suggest other ATT customers do the same.

7. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

lol, Hey, what's the big deal.. You got voice and data simultaneously.. You can't always have it all huh?

*picks up his Verizon iPhone and Facetime's his fiance at work*

8. solo118 macrumors 65816

This is what we should all do! It worked with the throttling @ 2gb

9. RCRod83 macrumors regular

RCRod83

10. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

The restriction is quite self serving in AT&T's interest. No surprise there. It's a business after all. I rarely, if ever use FT on the run. Usually, my FT sessions are coordinated. Thus, wi-fi is always available. However, I can understand and fully appreciate the legitimate complaints of others.

11. Mbman81 macrumors member

While you are filing FCC / bbb complaints - add to the list ATT throttling all users data while on a phone call. Speeds, particularly uploads, are crippling and make it unusable.

12. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

This don't affect me I'm always in wifi area and when I'm not it's when I'm driving. Not smart to FaceTime n drive lol

13. Scott90 macrumors 6502

Hah, I wouldn't even try arguing with them. If they say that you're wrong and that it isn't against net neutrality, just say that you'd "like to hear that directly from the FCC". How much effort was it to file a complaint? I'm interested in doing this if it doesn't take more than an hour or two.

14. jjp007 macrumors regular

jjp007

It takes no time at all. Just do it online. Did it in all of maybe 20 minutes, if that.