Carrier AT&T anyone successfully move sim card from iPhone 5s to 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lsh, Sep 29, 2015.

1. lsh macrumors 6502

Has anyone with AT&T successfully transferred their sim from a 5 or 5s to iPhone 6? Did you have to do anything to enable the data network?

I am handing down my 6plus to family with a 5s - all on the same account. After moving the sim, we can make calls but don't get a LTE data network. We verified that it is turned on.
    I tried resetting the network but maybe didn't restart the phone after. I'll try that again tonight.

I read a post suggesting we need to call AT&T and have their internet settings changed on the line to NXTGENGPO. ....that involves calling AT&T and while phone is turned off, they add the setting.

I won't be able to try again until tonight, so doing my homework first. Thanks for any insights!

2. chrfr macrumors 603

I moved my SIM from a 5S to a 6 about 10 months ago. Until just the other day when I contacted them I was unable to use VoLTE, but LTE data worked fine. Make sure that LTE is enabled in the Cellular Data settings.

3. DeftwillP macrumors 6502

I moved my wife's 5s sim to my old 6 plus this weekend. No issues whatsoever. Also had a HD voice call between us yesterday.

4. Wise87 macrumors 6502

I moved my sons sim from a 5s to my old 6 and AT&T now shows the 6 on his line.