at&t/apple servers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pinkmess52, Sep 8, 2012.

1. pinkmess52 macrumors newbie

I went to get my iphone factory unlocked today at a wireless store. I was there waiting for over an hour. He said it was possibly cause Apple or AT&T servers were slow.
    Is that true that they are slower on the weekends when it comes to unlocking a iphone? Or is it something else?

2. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

Why did you go to a store? The reps in the store cannot unlock your phone. You just call customer service and the submit the ticket for you. Then you wait to hear back...

3. pinkmess52 thread starter macrumors newbie

I went to a wireless store that sells all phones. Waiting for a call back from the guy at the store.

4. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

Interesting. Seems like a waste of time when you could just make a phone call. You still need iTunes to do the unlock...

5. pinkmess52 thread starter macrumors newbie

He said he would call me and have me hook it up to itunes as soon as he got the unlock code. lol I drove 4 hours round trip over this ****.

6. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

Yeah, you should have just called customer service. It can actually take up to 72 hours to get a response back from Apple. Once you call customer service they submit the request and you wait to hear back from Apple (via email I believe). There's no reason why some sales rep on some wireless store (not even an AT&T store at that) would have any involvement at all. You wouldn't even talk to customer service again. You definitely wasted your time.

7. pinkmess52 thread starter macrumors newbie

So let me ask you this and you seem pretty honest. There is people on ebay and stuff that offer factory unlocks on iphones. Are those scams?

8. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

I've heard they're pretty legit, but have never tried it. I get the impression that the ones asking for lots of money probably are scams. Did you pay someone to unlock your phone?

9. 0007776 Suspended

They tend to work, but they are only worth it if you are in a situation where your carrier won't unlock the phone for you due to the contract or something. If your carrier will do it for you then you're better off just saving the money.