AT&T Apple Watch Series 5 Gold Milanese Delivery Date?

amitdoc2b

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
I logged into AT&T right at 5AM PST and got an Oct 11-19 delivery date for the Series 5 Gold Milanese. Just curious if anyone else got an earlier or later date when ordering this particular model from them? Thanks.

areyes163

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
I just ordered the black SS from ATT I have the same ship date. The only one I saw shipping by the 20th is the aluminum.

douglasf13

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
I logged into AT&T right at 5AM PST and got an Oct 11-19 delivery date for the Series 5 Gold Milanese. Just curious if anyone else got an earlier or later date when ordering this particular model from them? Thanks.
Apple Watch ordering opened up on Tuesday right after the event was over, so that’s why your ship times are later. It was the iPhone that became available for ordering this morning.

Reactions: LD Curb

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
Delivers: Fri, Sep 20 by Standard Delivery

Apple Watch Series 5 GPS + Cellular, 44mm Gold Stainless Steel Case with Gold Milanese Loop

But this is from Apple.

amitdoc2b

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Apple Watch ordering opened up on Tuesday right after the event was over, so that’s why your ship times are later. It was the iPhone that became available for ordering this morning.
AT&T only began pre-orders for the watch at the same time as the iPhone 11 (Fri 5AM PST), the watch was only available for pre-order immediately on the Apple site.
[doublepost=1568433207][/doublepost]
Delivers: Fri, Sep 20 by Standard Delivery

Apple Watch Series 5 GPS + Cellular, 44mm Gold Stainless Steel Case with Gold Milanese Loop

But this is from Apple.
I know the Gold Milanese is still available for Sept 20 by Apple even now, but I wanted to go the AT&T route for the no-interest carrier installment plan rather than the Apple options. Just curious if anyone got a sooner date than October for the Gold Milanese directly through AT&T. Enjoy your watch though!

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
There's been some discussion (I can't find the thread right now) that this combination–gold watch with gold Milanese Loop–looks feminine. Any thoughts on that?

browercreed

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2019
There's been some discussion (I can't find the thread right now) that this combination–gold watch with gold Milanese Loop–looks feminine. Any thoughts on that?
I have the original gold watch, and have been very happy with the color. Newer versions are no longer gold, but appear pinkish! I'm a female, but won't be getting the childish looking pinkish gold! JMO

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
I have the original gold watch, and have been very happy with the color. Newer versions are no longer gold, but appear pinkish! I'm a female, but won't be getting the childish looking pinkish gold! JMO
Are you referring to the SS version? The aluminum gold watch looks pinkish to me but not the SS watch.

browercreed

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2019
Are you referring to the SS version? The aluminum gold watch looks pinkish to me but not the SS watch.
I guess I'm going to have to wait to actually look at the options. I bought the 4, and just couldn't handle the pink/gold so I gave it to my daughter. Really would like to upgrade, but I want a true gold look. I'm just not sure that SS gold will look any differently. It doesn't look as pink but I don't trust that it isn't, and can't find anyone who really knows.

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
I guess I'm going to have to wait to actually look at the options. I bought the 4, and just couldn't handle the pink/gold so I gave it to my daughter. Really would like to upgrade, but I want a true gold look. I'm just not sure that SS gold will look any differently. It doesn't look as pink but I don't trust that it isn't, and can't find anyone who really knows.
[doublepost=1568496060][/doublepost]So I assume the watch you gave your daughter was the aluminum version, which does look pink, right? I’ve seen previous stainless steel models, and they’re very different. Take a look at the picture Imposted. Also, take a look at the picture I posted.

Last edited:
Reactions: browercreed

amitdoc2b

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
I had the Gold SS Milanese Series 4 and got more compliments on it by women than any other Apple Watch I’ve owned. Prior to that, I had the Space Black with metal link bracelet. Maybe it just looked good on me?
[doublepost=1568559592][/doublepost]
The SS Gold is not pink at all. It looks like a solid gold color and wore the Series 4 this past year. This is an upgrade for me going to the 5th series and I don’t believe the color has changed.

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
I had the Gold SS Milanese Series 4 and got more compliments on it by women than any other Apple Watch I’ve owned. Prior to that, I had the Space Black with metal link bracelet. Maybe it just looked good on me?
[doublepost=1568559592][/doublepost]

The SS Gold is not pink at all. It looks like a solid gold color and wore the Series 4 this past year. This is an upgrade for me going to the 5th series and I don’t believe the color has changed.
But are you a man or a woman?

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
I know a few Uber masculine guys with the GSS & it looks good on them. Apple Watch isn’t designated for a specific gender. Buy what you like.

Yes, of course, after all, many quality watches men’s by Rolex and Patel Phillip are gold with gold bands. I only wondered about this particular watch. Based on the pictures, I’m sure I’ll like it. The gold color should go well with both sports clothing and suits.