AT&T ~ at all possible to pre-buy more than 5GB of data?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spaceballl, Sep 26, 2013.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I think AT&T's LTE is fast as heck, but I hate that I can't get more than 5GB of data. I travel all the time, and I use it for tethering, etc. I go over every month by a gig or two. I'm tempted to switch to T-Mobile, but I actually purchased a T-Mobile pre-paid data-only SIM to do head to head testing on my phone in various locations.... their LTE service can't compare at all. Anyhow, back to my original question, possible to call them up and get more data?

2. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I believe the Data Share plans goes up to 10GB/month if you want to go that route.

3. StephenAndrew macrumors member

It actually goes up to 30GB/month, but yeah, you'll have to be on a shared data plan with unlimited talk/text in order to go over 5GB/month.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

5. StephenAndrew macrumors member

D'oh. Missed that.

6. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Thanks, everyone!

I remember when these mobile share plans came out. People were not very happy about them, but it looks like for my needs, they are actually a better deal. I just upped to a 10GB / month plan, and when I get my iPad Mini next month, I can add it on for just $10 more / month. Thanks!!!

Obviously their pricing is still a ripoff, and if I lose my job and no longer have to travel and tether all the time, to t-mobile I go! :D

7. 1981d macrumors regular

Yeah, and I don't think you need more than 1 device to sign up. I had the 20 gig plan for a while, worked for my needs, but pricey. Way cheaper than overages, though.