AT&T Authorized Unlock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jman14, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Jman14 macrumors 6502

I just called AT&T to get my Mom's iPhone 4 unlocked. They completed the request and said plug into iTunes every 24 hours for the next 5-7 days in order to find the unlock..

This to me is unclear... When I plug into iTunes will it just pop up and say that and unlock is available? Also, how long did it take for your unlock to actually appear?

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

You should have to restore the phone to get that message. Mine only took an hour before it was unlocked (maybe even sooner, that was just when I restored).

3. x986 macrumors regular

Do you mean "restore" as in restore the phone to original 'zero' settings and apps? And then you have to get everything again?

4. Idefix macrumors 6502

Several days after my request for unlock, I received 2 emails saying that the unlock had been approved and giving links to details about unlocking.

After the restore in iTunes, iTunes gave confirmation that the iPhone 4 was unlocked.

Time factor reflects how busy ATT is, or how lazy, depending on how you look at it.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

yeah, back everything up to the cloud and after the restore it will pop up a message in itunes stating the phone is now unlocked.