AT&T automatically refunding upgrade fees?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kuebby, Oct 4, 2012.

1. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

So right after the 5 came out I saw a thread about how people had asked nicely and AT&T had credited them for the $36 activation fee. I thought that seemed like a good idea so I planned on doing it after I got my 5 at Radio Shack on Saturday.

I went on today to chat with a representative and a $36 credit had been issued to my account on either Sunday or Monday! Is AT&T proactively refunding activation fees for iPhone-to-iPhone upgrades? Or is it possible Radio Shack hooked me up when activating it?

I just wanted a little bit of good news to the forums, product releases can bring such a torrent of complaints.

2. Sixth Street macrumors member

Are you a member of ATT Plus? I don't know how exactly I became a member, but I am, and some of the benefits included are waived activation and upgrade fees.

3. kuebby thread starter macrumors 68000

kuebby

Hmm, that's a possibility. We've had an AT&T family plan for almost 5 years, and have always had iPhones, so we've given them enough money...

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

this. I am an att premium/plus member and was not charged the $36 fee

5. sanyewest, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012

sanyewest macrumors newbie

i call and was credit 36.00 fee and also my 2nd line well also get the credit of 36 awesome! :)