AT&T automatically refunding upgrade fees?

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
NorCal
So right after the 5 came out I saw a thread about how people had asked nicely and AT&T had credited them for the $36 activation fee. I thought that seemed like a good idea so I planned on doing it after I got my 5 at Radio Shack on Saturday.

I went on today to chat with a representative and a $36 credit had been issued to my account on either Sunday or Monday! Is AT&T proactively refunding activation fees for iPhone-to-iPhone upgrades? Or is it possible Radio Shack hooked me up when activating it?

I just wanted a little bit of good news to the forums, product releases can bring such a torrent of complaints.

Sixth Street

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2007
Are you a member of ATT Plus? I don't know how exactly I became a member, but I am, and some of the benefits included are waived activation and upgrade fees.

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
NorCal
Hmm, that's a possibility. We've had an AT&T family plan for almost 5 years, and have always had iPhones, so we've given them enough money...

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Are you a member of ATT Plus? I don't know how exactly I became a member, but I am, and some of the benefits included are waived activation and upgrade fees.
this. I am an att premium/plus member and was not charged the $36 fee

sanyewest

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2012
i call and was credit 36.00 fee and also my 2nd line well also get the credit of 36 awesome! :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.