AT&T Business Rep. Order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone3G, Jul 9, 2008.

1. iPhone3G macrumors member

I don't think I have seen this posted anywhere so thought I would put it out there. My family owns a privately held business, and I am affiliated with their business AT&T account. I called our AT&T business rep. today to clarify some questions I had before launch, and instead she informed me that she could place an order for me on the spot.

She said it won't be able to ship out until the 11th, of course, but she was able to place the order for my White 16GB iPhone 3G, and guarantee it. It will ship Friday pre-loaded and pre-activated to my account.

So, if you have a business account, or know someone who does, I would suggest trying to contact your (or their) AT&T business rep. and see if they can set you up. Sure, I have to wait until Monday now, but I have the iPhone I want with no line-waiting/camping garbage, in-store hassle, or chance of sell-outs (I would have been forced to a small AT&T store rather than an Apple store from where I am located.)

Maybe I've been had, but she has always been a reliable rep. for us, and I trust that she knows what she is doing. Good luck, hope this might help some people!

2. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

they can do this for anyone,

im not with AT&T yet but when i went in about a week ago to do the credit check she said that she could place the order right there, and it would be shipped to our house already activated.. so.. :p

3. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

Well when I went to my ATT store last week the son-of-a bi**hes didn't know what i was talking about. Like i had a bomb or something.

4. iPhone3G thread starter macrumors member

@komiothebeat

I didn't mean to come across as having been given an exclusive deal or priviledge. I simply wanted to inform those business customers or people with access to business accounts of this possibility.

I was previously unaware of the ability to have a rep. take what is essentially a pre-order for the size and color of your choice to be shipped on Friday pre-activated, and I was quite satisfied to find this out. I assume there are others like me out there somewhere who would prefer to avoid the stores on launch day and still be able to secure the iPhone of their choosing. The closest Apple store is about an hour from me, and our local AT&T stores are rather small so lines and sell-outs seem rather plausible.

Now I have my new phone secured, it will be here Monday, and I don't have to bother with anything else. Surely there are others out there like me who might take advantage of this option.

Again, I hope this can help some people.

@WPB2

If you are a business account customer try calling your designated rep. That is who was able to help me out with my order. I am not sure if non-business accounts can take advantage of this option, but best of luck to you either way.