AT&T cancelled my iPhone 5s order without reason?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pyn, Sep 22, 2013.

1. pyn macrumors member

Apparently, they can't even trace down the reason why it was cancelled. They told me to go to the AT&T stores and check if they have iPhones. What a lot of ********. I thanked them for wasting my life.

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Wasting your life? What do you mean? Errors happen.

3. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

a bit melodramatic dont you think?

its certainly odd. just place a new order. your life doesn't appear to be worth much at the moment anyway if you use it to get this aggravated about a cancelled iphone order.

its annoying for sure but geez consider changing your life's perspective.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

And the award for best dramatic performance goes to...:rolleyes:

Yeah, it totally sucks. Either reorder from them or some place else.

5. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Sorry to hear OP :(

From now on I'd expect things to go wrong during launch week so that you aren't disappointed anymore.

6. pyn thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, I think it qualifies as wasting my life when I woke up at 3AM to order something that they cancelled without a valid reason.

I have never heard of a company that made an "error" in pushing a big red button to cancel someone's order without explanation or reason.

7. ewils19 macrumors 6502

8. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Then either you are deaf or that is simply made-up to try and prove a point ;)

Sorry to hear they cancelled your order though. Best thing you can do about it is vote with your wallet.

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I think you are looking for the term or phrase, "wasting your time".

Your lifespan presumably was not shortened. You lost some sleep, so you can;t even argue you really lost productivity.

But anyway, errors happen, Or maybe your card was declined for whatever reason. last year I had to call my credit card company to allow them to charge the phone. Not sure why. I have made larger purchases before and since and never had an issue. I would try calling them. See if they declined anything recently. Then maybe you can blame them for wasting your life. :eek:

10. MMM.PWR macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

11. cwosigns macrumors 65832

cwosigns

Yeah. Happened to me with the launch of the 3GS. Now I queue up on opening day. Guaranteed to get what I want, and it's kind of a fun tradition. I take the day off and make it kind of a holiday.

12. wxman2003 Suspended

Hey now, be nice. Like fruit flies, the OP has a short life.

13. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

The button is actually orange.

14. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

If you've lived your entire life so that it culminated into waking up at 3AM to get this one lump of metal and glass right now... then yeah, your life was wasted. And it wasn't AT&T that did the wasting, sorry to say.

This reminds me of when I was back in college and worked at kinko's to pay the bills, and I was stuck having to work on Christmas eve. Some selfish lady calls and evidently she hadn't bought any gifts for her family, and wanted to drop off some pictures of her and have me make about three dozen or so mugs, calendars, posters, and the like, and wanted them that evening. Because apparently, nothing says "BETS GIFT EVER" than mugs and calendars with the likeness of a woman who hadn't bothered to think of anyone else until the absolute last minute. Go figure.

Anyway, she insisted and insisted, and pushed and pushed, but I apologized and told her it just wasn't possible... given the workload I had and being the only person working in the store that day, there was no way she could get all of what she wanted in just a few hours.

"Fine!" she finally relented, and started to sob. "I hope you're happy, because YOU JUST RUINED CHRISTMAS!!!!" and hung up.

I really hope that mom learned her lesson. I had to work the next day, too, but I must say, I was the happiest Grinch ever. :)

As someone who's been through all of these iPhone launches before, I can tell you that AT&T is the worst company to order online from. Their online ordering system can't handle the pressure of millions of people ordering a short-supply item, and EVERY year there's a bunch of people who tell their tale of woe, that AT&T canceled their order without notifying them. The web is full of experiences just like yours.

Sorry this happened to you, but now you know, and hopefully your experience will warn others. If you want to order online, the best place to it is direct from Apple, nowhere else.

And lastly, take a deep breath. It's not the end of the world, or your life, because you won't be getting that lump of metal and glass today. You've lived without it before, and you'll do just fine having to wait another couple of weeks or so.

15. Ryno76 macrumors member

Heck...if you were up at 3am, you should have just gone to the AT&T store and got it from them!
    Sucks that it cancelled though. Don't worry though, you are still alive. There are people out there who are less fortunate.

16. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Stuff happens and it's just a phone. Order again

17. aka777 macrumors 6502a

This is very common with AT&T. After all, there is a reason as to why they are ranked dead last for CS.

18. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Recent source?

19. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

prob an issue w/ your CC... Some CC check for this price range and if you didn't answer or you inputed the CC wrong then they cancel.