Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StephenRzucidlo

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
South New Jersey
my iphone 3gs upgrade still on 11/24/2010 hope it will change. i can get an upgrade on my second line when i bought a nexus one ill switch sims when the new iphone comes out cant stand the nexus one anymore.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Last year I added a line to get the 3Gs. That line says the following:

"As a valued AT&T customer, we can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade at a reduced discount, along with a 2-year commitment. Our records indicate that you will be eligible for an upgrade to an iPhone at a discounted price on 02/20/2011"

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
OK, I've searched everywhere. Can someone post a direct link were we can check our upgrade eligibility date?

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
OK, I've searched everywhere. Can someone post a direct link were we can check our upgrade eligibility date?

No direct link. Login to your AT&T account and you will see "Check Upgrade Options" under the Quick Links section on the right.

outphase

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
Mine recently changed from 2.20.10 to 11.20.10 after I added unlimited family texting (likely because of the $100 "rule"). I hope this changes to 6.21.10 as we get get closer :D

You can also dial *639# (*NEW#) to get your eligibility via free SMS.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
No direct link. Login to your AT&T account and you will see "Check Upgrade Options" under the Quick Links section on the right.

I've done this, but it is not giving me a date. All I'm getting is:

"As a valued AT&T customer, you may be eligible for a standard upgrade on this line, with reduced equipment pricing when signing a 2-year commitment. Click 'Upgrade Eligibility' to view your upgrade options."

Does this mean my upgrade date has already passed and I'm eligible today?

mrtune

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
For anyone who's too lazy to log onto their website. Call *639# (*NEW#) from your phone and ATT will send you a free text letting you know when you can upgrade.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
I've done this, but it is not giving me a date. All I'm getting is:

"As a valued AT&T customer, you may be eligible for a standard upgrade on this line, with reduced equipment pricing when signing a 2-year commitment. Click 'Upgrade Eligibility' to view your upgrade options."

Does this mean my upgrade date has already passed and I'm eligible today?

It means you need to click the "Upgrade Eligibility" link to view your upgrade options.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
For anyone who's too lazy to log onto their website. Call *639# (*NEW#) from your phone and ATT will send you a free text letting you know when you can upgrade.

Did this and it says they can offer me an upgrade w/ a 2 yr committment and waive the $18 fee. Guess this means my upgrade date has already passed on that line (diff line than the one I mentioned above.)

Tankfantry

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2010
Houston, Texas
Me not being able to upgrade until December might be a good thing. Let the rush happen and as with the iPad fix any last minute bugs with an update.

Nicolecat

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2008
Mine doesn't have a date...it just says...

"As a valued AT&T customer, you may be eligible for a standard upgrade on this line, with reduced equipment pricing when signing a 2-year commitment. Click 'Upgrade Eligibility' to view your upgrade option"

What does that mean?
That I'm already eligible?...confused...Because obviously the new iphone isn't an option quite yet.

Did the previous poster ever find out an answer?...

Nicolecat

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2008
I found this.

http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-center/main.jsp?t=solutionTab&ps=solutionPanels&solutionId=52345

"If a line is not eligible for an upgrade with an equipment discount at this time, you will see a message with the date that the line may be eligible, plus a message that you can take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option. If you would like to buy a new phone at the no-commitment pricing option, you can complete your purchase online from the Upgrade page. When using the no-commitment option for your upgrade, an email will be sent to the account holder's email address on file. The email will contain a link to the IMEI/SIM site, where you can update your IMEI/SIM online. Other topics of interest: What is an IMEI number? What is a SIM card? "

So, I'm guessing we're eligible as of today. :D
Maybe...

outphase

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2009
Parts Unknown

"As a valued AT&T customer, you may be eligible for a standard upgrade on this line, with reduced equipment pricing when signing a 2-year commitment. Click 'Upgrade Eligibility' to view your upgrade option"

What does that mean?
That I'm already eligible?...confused...Because obviously the new iphone isn't an option quite yet.

That means you must click Upgrade Eligibility and enter the list of phones to see your date. If not, Dial *639#

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
Cool! I've been eligible for a couple of months now due to the $100 rule (got my 3GS on launch day), but it's nice to see that others may be able to get hooked up quicker.

Nicolecat

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2008
That means you must click Upgrade Eligibility and enter the list of phones to see your date. If not, Dial *639#

There is no date on any of the currently available iphones...thus why I'm confused.
They all simply say, "Add to cart"

I'll call later...

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC

What does that mean?

You have to click the link as it directs you to.

Then select a phone. On one line I saw no further messages; I'm already eligible. On the other it gave me a date.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado

What does that mean?

Do what mrtune says, you'll know for sure in just a few seconds after you call.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.