AT&T creative challenge for 4S activation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Grimace, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

My father currently is eligible for an upgrade through AT&T (we are NOT on a family plan) and has no interest in anything besides his dumbphone. He offered me his upgrade if I could figure out a way to do it.

Since the SIM cards are different sizes, we can't just go to the store and have him port to the new iPhone and then pop out the SIM card and put it back in his old phone.

My question is about new iPhones that are shipped. He can have a new 4S shipped to his house and then have it set up through iTunes as a new phone. However, will it already be locked into his number? I was hoping to do a restore etc. from my iPhone 4 file.

2. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

I believe you have to go to AT&T and have them transfer the free upgrade to you. Or at least that is what my friend had to do.

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

The catch is they might get you on the transfer because it requires a data plan so that will need to be able to be added to an account.

4. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Here's what you do...

When the new iPhone arrives, take the sim card out of it without turning the phone on. Call AT&T and ask them to transfer your phone number to that sim card and advise that you're going to be using the iPhone 4S. They will add the proper data plan to your account if needed... then you can put the sim card back into the 4S and turn it on. (Your father will probably need to call first to secure the account unless you're authorized to make changes.) This will leave your fathers sim in his dumbphone fully intact.

Best luck!

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

[​IMG]

This will do the trick. It's a microsim Adapter. Can be found on Amazon.