AT&T customers with unlimited, will we lose unlimited?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tigress666, Sep 13, 2012.

1. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Just curious.

Cause I've heard people say they will force you off by only offering LTE plans and saying that the unlimited was a 3G plan and you need an LTE plan and people say they won't and will actually transfer it over to the unlimited LTE plans (I guess that existed before they got rid of unlimited) and will actually improve our plan cause throttling happens at 5GB on the LTE plans.

So, which do you think it is?

(i personally hope for keeping it or at least even letting me keep my 3G plan even if it means i don't get LTE <- though I know that's probably not feasible cause I'm not sure they or I would have a way of keeping my phone from going to LTE where it is available).

2. tigress666 thread starter macrumors 68040

Awesome!!!!

(see, this is why I like AT&T. Sure, I won't get facetime over 3G, but at least I have the option of getting a subsidized iphone and keeping my plan and just not getting something I didn't have before anyways! I won't miss what I never had ;) ).

And for all you people griping about AT&T, they don't even have to grandfather your unlimited. AT&T is just in general pretty good about that (I have yet to see them not grandfather something, they just try to persuade you to move on to other options). Which goes to show they at least pay some lip service to trying to keep regular clients. I for one am happy they are more afraid of losing my business than wanting to get rid of the unlimited plan (and hey, I'm an ideal client for them cause I don't honestly use much more than 2 GBs anyways, I just like not having to worry about overage charges).