AT&T "DataPro Enterprise" vs "DataPro"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Globe199, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Globe199, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012

Globe199 macrumors member

Working on (possibly) setting up a new account with AT&T using my corporate discount. What I see on the corporate side is something called "DataPro Enterprise 3GB for iPhone 4S." This costs $45/mo minus 25%, for a total of $33.75. But then on the public AT&T site, I see "DataPro 3GB" for only $30.

Anyone know the difference between these? The reps on AT&T's online chat have absolutely no clue what I'm talking about and cannot explain the difference.

I'm just wondering why one costs more. Thanks for any help.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No difference.
    Just a way of getting more money out of companies.

3. Bobby.e macrumors 6502

You are supposed to have the enterprise if you want to use exchange. However the regular data pro works. It's like the above guy said to get more money

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

^ This. Take a look at at&t's site and note where the plans are mentioned. Enterprise isn't listed on the personal data plans page. Enterprise is listed in the business section.

5. Globe199 thread starter macrumors member

Well, I figured out how to get the cheaper ("DataPro Personal") plan and made the order.

OMG. I have never in my life had such a rotten, insufferable customer service experience. I probably spent three hours on the phone.

But AT&T did offer the most service at the lowest price, so I'm hoping it will have been worth it. If 15 planets and 38 moons align, I'll have my phones by Friday. Good grief. :eek:

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

No local AT&T store? I quite possibly had the best customer service I've ever experience when I upgraded.

7. Globe199 thread starter macrumors member

I don't know that an AT&T retail store could accommodate a corporate (premier) account setup. If they can, please don't tell me. I will jump thru my patio door. :D

8. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Sure they can.
    Been an AT&T Premier customer for years and use the AT&T store in the mall by me.
    I've switched devices and made plan changes under my FAN account many times in store.
    You just give them your FAN number.

As for the patio door, make sure it's open first. :p

9. Bobby.e macrumors 6502

This person is right. It has to be a corporate store not a reseller. I have done it as well.