AT&T Delivery: Is a Signature Required?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bunger, Sep 15, 2012.

1. bunger macrumors 6502

I know that a signature is required when you order from Apple, though you can print out, sign, and leave a signature waiver form that acts as a substitute.

I have never pre-ordered from AT&T and am not familiar with their shipping policies. Is a signature required for delivery and if so, is there a way to leave a note/letter in lieu of being available in person?

2. leenak macrumors 68020

The policy is based on the shipping company so yes, FedEx allows you to leave a signed note.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

this. Fedex will leave it with a note, or it for some strange reason it was to ship UPS, you can sign up for a free "my choice" ups account which lets you do an online release authorization.

4. bunger thread starter macrumors 6502

5. Boen macrumors member

Unless the shipper marks it "Signature Required"

6. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

in which the methods I listed work. I ordered a ton of stuff online so know every avenue to take to have a package left at your door. An online signature release counts as a real signature to them.

7. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

When I ordered an 4S for my wife few weeks ago via AT&T, FedEx knocked on the door, left the package on the ground by my door as I opened the door, never asked me to sign a thing, and all he said was "Have a good day". So I guess AT&T doesn't require a signature.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Most products that cost a lot require signature - its not worth taking a chance as the risk of theft or fraud is too high