AT&T didn't send me a text...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ayeying, Mar 4, 2012.

1. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

That they were going to throttle me again this month. Surprisingly, my Netflix streaming hasn't slowed down that much. It just looks a little bit more pixilated.

Has anyone else been throttled but not get a text?

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

You only get it the first month. The first time.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

In case you missed it too, AT&T is supposed to be starting throttling everyone (on unlimited) at 3GB. Perhaps you have not surpassed the 3GB threshold yet?

4. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

You'll know when you get throttled. A little pixelation is not throttling by a long shot. And isn't there a law put in place forcing carriers to alert you when you reach data limits? It was aimed at tiered data plans, but seeing as the unlimited plan now has a limit it should fall into the same category so if they were to do this then that would be a cause for alarm.

You should also download a free application called speedtest.net to check your speeds. It's very accurate with different servers to choose from and picking the closet one to you so long as you have location services enabled.

5. ayeying thread starter macrumors 601

ayeying

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

I've been throttled every month since the thing started in October 2011. I got a text in the past months saying in approaching the throttle limit then a text saying im throttled for the rest of the month. Except this month I got nothing from AT&T.

According to AT&T, I'm at 3.8GB data used this month. I also did a speed test and it shows I'm throttled at approx 0.2-0.3Mbps with 0.1Mbps upload.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep.
    Sounds like you are throttled.
    I'm surprised Netflix still works even with a slow connection like that.

7. PaulyD macrumors 6502

So am I, thats awful speed