Carrier AT&T: Eligibility *639# Message Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by solidsephiroth, Sep 15, 2013.

1. solidsephiroth macrumors newbie

I wanted to check my eligibility for upgrade so I called *639# from my iPhone. I received a message a minute later stating: "You are eligible for the latest devices at full retail price." My contract has been done for at least a year, so I should be eligible for a subsidized upgrade. I'm guessing maybe this is just what they send everyone who has finished their 2-year contract and you can just upgrade paying the subsidized fee. However, have any of you guys encountered this?

2. megapopular macrumors 6502a

If your bill is past due it will typically show the full retail pricing... Once the past due bill is paid you will see the upgrade option via the carrier message.

3. BookerDW macrumors member

The obnoxious thing is when you do have full discount it says "Congratulations! You are upgrade eligible!" Like I climbed a mountain or achieved impressive task. Then they give you some cowdung spiel about NEXT, which we know is a load of crap.

4. oaktree macrumors regular

I just tried it on mine, and I received the "Congratulations! You are upgrade eligible," message. It's been three years since I started my last contract.

My husband pays all the bills on time.;)

5. solidsephiroth thread starter macrumors newbie

You were totally right. I always pay these things on time, and yet, I forgot this month. I already paid and got the message that I am upgrade eligible.

Thanks a lot man! Now I'm ready for my 5s!