AT&T False Advertising?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wlt, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wlt macrumors newbie

I feel it's best to file a complaint with the FCC on the basis that AT&T used false advertising with regard to their unlimited plans. There is a separate category for this entitled "Form 2000A - Deceptive or Unlawful Advertising and Promotion Complaint" at http://www.fcc.gov/complaints.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

AT&T will argue that throttled data rates do not contradict an unlimited data plan. Waste of time.

3. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

They are throttling the users using the most data.

What is the point of doing that?

To limit their data usage, obviously. That's the whole point. If not, what would throttling heavy data users accomplish?

4. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

If you're being throttled do you still have unlimited data? Yes. Case closed.

5. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Yeah, it has to be that... it can't be AT&T trying to maintain or keep their network usable for the rest of the their customers.

6. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

I believe I read that throttling has long been included in AT&T cellular contracts, not their fault if you didn't read the whole thing before you signed it.

I don't like it any more than anybody else does, but we all agreed to it whether we knew it or not.

7. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

Being throttled and being blocked from using data is totally different. AT&T is still letting you use data, just at half the speed. Probably less. It's still unlimited either way.

They aren't stupid.

8. gco212 macrumors 6502

Actually, it might very well be their fault and you may not have agreed to it. You're not going to win with the FCC or any other governmental regulatory authority, but you might be on the winning side of the argument anyway. AT&T's contract is a contact of adhesion and if a clause is unconscionable, given the rest of the the contract (putting in bold letters a foot high throughout the store "unlimited data" while burying a clause about limiting data speeds due to customers taking advantage of unlimited data), it's invalid and unenforceable, meaning AT&T has breached the rest (the valid portion) of the contract.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

There's already threads about AT&T throttling, please use on of those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.