AT&T Get Your Act Together!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by supervelous, Sep 17, 2012.

1. supervelous macrumors 6502

Sigh. I was down to the wire on whether or not to go with Verizon or AT&T for the new Iphone. I checked AT&T coverage map, no LTE in my area. I called Customer Service, they confirmed no LTE in my area and told me to call the local store and they might have more info on when coming.

Local store said they had no idea. Due to this, and that my unlimited AT&T plan had throttling I pre-ordered with Verizon.

So, I decide in the meantime on my 2nd AT&T line I will try the Galaxy S3, use it for 2-4 weeks and then decide how I like it vs. the Iphone 5. I go buy a S3, turn it on - same local store that said didn't know when we're getting LTE. Shows 4G LTE! Do a Speed Test: 48.65 down, 14.46 up.

So, they do have LTE here, yet their store doesn't know it, their customer service didn't know it, and their coverage maps don't show it (I should be a rapper). Now I want to stay with AT&T since I have unlimited. I guess I'll go line up Friday, buy a 5 on my main ATT line, then return the Verizon 5 without opening, so my port isn't triggered.

Get your Act together AT&T!

2. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Relatd story somewhat... I was at a buddies house a couple Saturday's ago and he had some att phone and was telling me how he had 4g, 4g LTE none th less.

I am like :rolleyes: ok dude, AT&Ts 4g LTE is close to us(Nashua nh) but still about 20 miles away according to the map. It's rolling out the same way 3G did. Anyway he starts showing me speeds and I am like :eek: no way! Not very impressive compared to what I was getting with verion on average(30/15), but he was getting about 20/8 on about the 10 speediest I had him do.

So thn last week AT&T annnounces they will be expanding 4g LTE to Nashua nh at th end of the year:confused:

So I don't no they even know where thy have service at :rolleyes: