AT&T Hasn't Charged me yet

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lazerbye, Oct 18, 2011.

1. lazerbye macrumors newbie

It is the 18 of October and I still have not been charged for my iphone 4s as of yet!

I received it but it hasn't gone on my card!

2. 184550 Guest

Same thing happened to me back in 2009 when I got my 3GS and again with my 4S. The charge for my 4S was pending then dropped after the phone shipped.

IIRC, ATT charged my card two months later in September of 2009 for my 3GS purchase in July.

3. lazerbye thread starter macrumors newbie

AT&T Hasn't Charged me yet

Wow 2 months later that's a while!

I hope it comes out soon as I want it to be paid for and not have to worry about it!

4. p1ally macrumors regular

p1ally

Dammit, same here. I thought it had already been taken out. UGGGH

5. melman101 macrumors 68030

I know this is of no consolation to you, but Apple took their money and kept it right away. I ordered from apple.com

6. surfnet macrumors newbie

Yep, It takes them a LOOOOOONG time for them to charge you. Same happens every year.

7. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I have the same issue. I was just looking into this, as my wife is eyeballing the cash in the account, since I used my debit card for the purchase. I too thought it was very odd the phone arrived, and 5 days later, they didn't charge me yet.

Good to know this seems to be a common issue, and I know to not touch the cash.

8. EcuadorianMami macrumors regular

has anybody called at&t about this? Its bugging me....i know i should call and complain, but its not like they are going to take it off whenever i want i guess...

9. Leeartlee macrumors newbie

And make rumors comes to the rescue again. In regard to it taking up to two months for the transaction to go through... that is straight up whack. Guess I need to just do mental math until then.

10. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Taht's completely ridiculous. No wonder AT&T has so many issues...

11. Hpye macrumors 6502

Cancel ur card and closr ur account.. Finish win

12. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

I still haven't been charged. Going on three weeks...

13. HeezyBear macrumors regular

Not only did AT&T not charged me for the iPhone 4S I bought, but they actually put money into my account after I returned the iPhone 4S and decided to go back to my 4.

14. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

I'm in the same situation. The charge was pending when I ordered the phone, then it suddenly dropped. I took the money I was going to pay and put it in my high yield savings account, when they are ready to charge me I'll have it ready.

15. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

This should show you how CONFIDENT AT&T is that they can and will charge your account.:p

16. EcuadorianMami macrumors regular

I called them yesterday...they said if you paid with a debt card somehow it should have rejected your order...and that they might call me asking me for another card??! I dunno either way they showed i never bought anything, but eventually they would charge me?

17. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

Looks like ATT is starting to charge, I just saw the charge on my visa. Curious though, I wasn't charge any sales tax.

Is it common for ATT not to charge sales tax?

18. hizzaah macrumors 6502

They charged me they day after I pre-ordered online, also with no sales tax. I could have sworn I paid sales tax when I purchased my iP4, but I actually went to an AT&T store to do that. I could be imagining things though

19. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

I paid sales tax for the iphone 4 as well, but I went into an Apple store for that purchase.