AT&T hates people with PO Boxes. And also people who live on islands.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nwislander, Jun 10, 2009.

1. nwislander macrumors newbie

http://www.davesteinsblog.com/2009/06/10/apple-or-att-please-sell-me-a-new-iphone/

I have nearly the exact problem as this fellow. When you try to order an iPhone 3GS on the AT&T website, it says that your address must be the same as your credit card billing address, and also that your address must not be a PO Box. What about the millions of people who receive their credit card bills at PO Boxes? Infuriating.

When you try to order on apple.com, you simply get sent away to the "go to an apple store" page.

I've never had a harder time giving a company money.

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I don't know of any courier who will ship to a PO Box. They're not using the regular postal service, these things are delivered directly to you and need to be signed for.

3. nwislander thread starter macrumors newbie

Right. But hundreds and hundreds of vendors will allow you to enter a billing address (which is your PO Box) and a different shipping address (a physical address that FedEx or UPS can get to). I've lived here for 5 years. I've ordered countless things online. I've applied for lines of credit online, opened bank accounts online. This is the first transaction I've ever encountered where this is an insurmountable problem.

4. iphones4evry1 macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

AT&T also hates people who sign two-year contracts and then complain about upgrade fees.

5. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Screw USPS. Get a fedex box. Real street address.

6. BigPrince macrumors 68020

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

LMFAO Awesome!

But really, there are so many postal boxes out there now that have "physical" addresses that accept anything, even overnight parcels.

AT&T hates people in general.