AT&T Inventory estimates

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mediaprodguy, Sep 20, 2012.

1. mediaprodguy macrumors member

I have called several local ATT stores here in Houston.... I only get told by the stores "we are not at liberty to discuss how many phones we received"

Anyone have any ideas? Come on ATT employees and knowledgeable friends... respond here :)

2. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

They'll sell out tomorrow, get more on Sat. Worst case, you can walk in and get one next week.

3. mediaprodguy thread starter macrumors member

true on selling out - would just be nice to know if there are even getting 32, 64 gigs :)

4. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I have an outstanding strong relationship with the manager of my local AT&T store. I do Android, iPhone, and other business with them very frequently. Usually upgrading to the latest Android as they are released as well as other phones.

So my only point is I get really good reliable communication and info direct from the store manager as they are the only ones that AT&T keeps updated

They purposely keep the reps in the dark, since they have loose lips, tend to makeup stories and wouldn't sell anything in stock since they'd give out just enough "guesses" to keep the customers waiting (not by choice but by ignorance on the part of the sales staff)

So... that said, after speaking with him about an hour ago, he intimates they will have about 60 to 80 phones per larger major metro AT&T corporate store. The others will get less.

Being a slave to Apple, they do not get restocked daily after the initial order as Apple does with their stores. That's why I pre-order from AT&T, it assures me I always get my iPhone on release day if not a day early.

So that's the latest I have as of an hour ago.

5. CiFi macrumors newbie

I'm sitting outside an AT&T store...first in line. I know for a fact they are getting 40 phones here.

6. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Not this time around. I have a feeling the iPhone 5 will be hard to get until after Christmas. Carriers will get them in on a reg basis, maybe, but they'll be gone within 10 minutes of opening their doors. No walking in at 2 in the afternoon and causally picking one up for a while.

----------

Guess what...The employees don't even know how many units they've gotten yet.

7. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

Because this launch is so much different than the other launches? You're saying Apple isn't making these things at the same rate if not faster than the previous iPhones that most of us were able to casually walk into a store and purchase within a week?

8. AriaAmante macrumors member

I bought a 5 case at an AT&T store tonight and they told me they only got 6 phones in.

He did let me see one though, they look SO nice :)

9. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

Just curious, what city are you in?

10. AaronTrieu macrumors member

they are nice enough to come around 6:45am and count out so people don't waste their time. Thats how my experience was at least. It was around 45 iphone4s in random storage sizes. All were black. Might get more since there is white too.

11. AppFanGirl macrumors newbie

AppFanGirl

Not going to have many at my local store.

I was at a corporate AT&T store today, hoping to pickup a case and avoid the crowds tomorrow. They had cases, but unable to sell them tomorrow.

The staff there said that they would only be busy for about an hour or two at most tomorrow morning. That makes me think that they have a fairly low supply of phones, and they know they'll likely sell out quickly. Then it should be easy to pop in and get a case without much hassle.

12. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

What case is this? Pics by chance?

13. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

As a sales rep for AT&T, I can tell you that there are nowhere near as many as there were 4S's last year. But that's all my manager would say. And I'm only telling you all this because tomorrow just happens to be my last day. I put in my notice before the announcement was made...

14. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Well, maybe. We'll see tomorrow. Just have a strange feeling iPhone 5 is gonna be hard to come by until after Christmas. And yes, this launch is a LOT different then the 4S. Just wait and see.

15. AriaAmante macrumors member

I just grabbed a basic silicone case. Something just to have until more brands come out with cases. I think it will look great with my white phone!

http://www.agent18.com/products/iphone-5-stripevest-bluepink

They had a ton of options, no Speck or Otterbox that I could see though.

16. Udh20skier macrumors member

I bought a case at an at&t corporate store today at lunch. He went to the back and brought out 5 cases that werent girly. Had a chance to play with a black iphone5 as well then. Both stores said they had less inventory than past releases.

Not sure how to upload pics of case being that im on my phone. Oh and mine was a black/grey speck

17. AriaAmante macrumors member

I think I'm going to swing by the bigger AT&T store tomorrow after my ohone is delivered to see if they have more. I'd kind of like a hard case too. I like having options :)

18. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

No it's not.

19. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Guess we'll see today, huh?

20. renesandy macrumors regular

renesandy

My local AT&T corporate told me they only had five units. Then again, this is NYC, there is an AT&T corporate store every other block.