AT&T IP5 contract ends 9/14 not eligible to preorder!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eddiec312, Sep 9, 2014.

1. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

So I just got off the phone with at&t. They told me that if I want to preorder the IP6 I either have to buy it on the 19th or upgrade using NEXT since my 2 year contract doesn't end until Sept. 14. I'm not eligible to buy the phone under a new 2 year contract.

I couldn't believe it. I have no interest in NEXT right now and happy with my current setup. I really can't believe that not just me but everyone else still under contract from their IP5 on launch day also can't pre order using a new 2 year contract. Really disappointed.

Anyone have Next and just 2 lines with 10GB data plan? How much are you paying monthly approximately?

2. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Dial *639# from your phone. When I checked yesterday, it stated I was only eligible for an upgrade with NEXT, that my contract ends on 9/14.

Today it mentions both the NEXT upgrade and the subsidized upgrade with a $40 fee.

3. eddiec312 thread starter macrumors 6502

eddiec312

You're right, it says the same for me now. I also checked using the apple store app and it gives me the option as well for a new 2yr contract. Thanks for the info. Apparently the at&t rep doesn't really know what's going on :confused:

4. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Glad it helped!