AT&T iPhone 4 day one adopters: 4S Upgrade price on November 18!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Icaras, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

I just checked my eligibility for an upgrade on Apple's store for at&t and to my surprise, I'm eligible for the new contract upgrade price for the iPhone 4S starting November 18! For the record, I pre-ordered and purchased my iPhone 4 at launch back in July.

Going to change my iPhone 4 to a white one with 64GB at $399. Sell my old iPhone 4 about the same price on ebay and I should walk away with zero loss. No hate here. Spec upgrades, Siri, and 64GB for no cost to me? Happy camper here! Simply awesome. :D

I recommend any at&t iPhone 4 early adopters here who may be on the fence for the 4S to also check with Apple's online verification to confirm this. A one month wait will be nothing. :cool:

Edit: Sorry, just saw a thread on this now. Apologies for any redundancy.

2. trouble747 macrumors 6502

I doubt everyone will be eligible; they usually base early eligibility on a few factors.

3. LoganT macrumors 68020

4. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Still trying to recover from this underwhelming announcement.

Just my opinion...

Now, I have to make a choice and I hate apple for this...

Because I really don't like Android.

5. Icaras thread starter macrumors 603

Icaras

Yea, best thing to do is check for yourself and find out.

6. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

iPhone 4 still working fine, will wait for the 5.

7. Icaras thread starter macrumors 603

Icaras

If you're eligible for the upgrade and you can sell your current iPhone, you shouldn't incur a loss. You might even be able to pocket some cash on the side.

Other than the high expectations for a redesign, a better specced iPhone at zero cost makes me very happy.

8. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

If you don't like Android then don't use it. No offense, but Android doesn't need ya.

Keep your iPhone 4 and use it for the next few months until the 5 is announced.

The only thing you'll miss out on is getting top dollar for selling your iphone 4.

9. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

I got the 4 on day one and I've been eligible since the beginning of September to upgrade. Before that it said I would be eligible this February.

10. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

I got it on Launch day and i've been eligible since WWDC 11

11. Lamarak macrumors 6502

I will be getting this. Sold my iphone 4 for 500 which lets me buy this one for free.I have gotten yearly upgrade from att since the 3g. If they come out with a 5 in June then I will either wait or sell this one and just buy it at full price with money from iphone 4s(realize wont cover all of it). You all seem to forget that the previous iphones have a great resale and makes upgrading not as painful. Also this iphone might keep a better value because its a true world phone. I am grandfathered into the unlimited so its a win for me.

12. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

but it'll renew your contract another two years, right? i want to see what the sprint plans are (with my corporate discount) before re-upping with AT&T.

13. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

I upgraded to the 4 in July 2010 (got stuck waiting for the white phone) and was eligible to upgrade July 2011. However I'm worried that if I upgrade to the 4s, I'll be stuck with a 18 month upgrade instead of the 12 month that I'm used to. Can anyone confirm if the upgrade process has changed or stayed the same? Thanks!

14. Khryz macrumors 6502a

WTF? I also bought my iPhone 4 on launch day but mine is February, 2012!

I'm on a family plan though, would that be why mine is so late?

15. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

I'm premier on a family plan also but I'm the primary line and the bill is about 170 a month.