Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MewTech

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
Hi guys!

So I got my AT&T iPhone 4S today. Lo and behold though, that recently AT&T dropped ST as a MVNO over the Bring Your Own Phone program (Or so i've heard. Because No wal-mart anywhere around me stocks the ST AT&T Micro SIMs anymore. And the only ones I can find are on Amazon for about $70+)

Anyway. Since the iPhone 4S uses the GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900, and the UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA 850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz bands, I was wondering if it would be at all possible to hook my AT&T iPhone up with a ST T-Mobile SIM card, and still have everything working? Because that seems to be the only way I can go.

ST only clarifies that GSM phones need to run on the 850 and 1900MHz bands to work on their network, so I imagine it will.

MewTech

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
This will only work if your AT&T Iphone is SIM unlocked.

Well, turns out that Straight Talk and Net10 are the same pre-paid company; ST was just a Wal-Mart branded part of it. Net10 still sells AT&T Micro SIM cards on their site.

I can factory unlock this iPhone for resale value. But I'll just hop on over to Net10 :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.