AT&T iphone 5 insurance question!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by neel.j.patel, Sep 20, 2012.

1. neel.j.patel macrumors newbie

So I was wondering how the insurance filing works with AT&T. My question is that if I do buy insurance from AT&T and report my phone broke, ( Dropped from 2 stories etc...) When I receive my replacement will AT&T completely block the other phone? So will they block the IMEI from there database, or can I just go get Straight Talk or something and pop that sim in or maybe T-Mobile since they offer Nano Sim. Thanks for your responses I really appreciate it !:)

2. itjw macrumors 65816

So basically, when you committ insurance fraud you want to know if you can use the proceeds of the fraud with a different carrier???

If so... yikes...

3. nostresshere macrumors 68030

First off, your reply has little to do with the I5, but instead would apply to all iphones - and pretty much any phone.

I think you are asking if you can PRETEND it is broken and get a new one.

I am not going to answer that and hope this thread gets closed.

4. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Get SquareTrade instead, it's a much better deal. They posted a link on FB today to save $35 too. http://woobox.com/a6ufqt

5. neel.j.patel thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so I still havent gotten my answer haha Damn smart ass people on here, Its my own business what I do with it! Simply dont reply if you have a problem with it!

6. SlyMac macrumors 6502

I will not help you out with your illegal shenanigans.

7. Gospelfrances macrumors newbie

You have to return the broken iphone, if not they will charge your credit card.

8. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk