Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stayfly2407

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
VA
Are any of you using the Microcell? I'm thinking of getting one and would like to know your experiences. This main spot downstairs always drops my signal while I'm there, and it happens to be my fav couch lol. Microcell worth getting?

Jnardis

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2010
I use it at home and couldn't be happier. W/O it I would drop every single call and only have 1 bar all over the house. I just went to ATT and complained about all of the dropped calls and told them I was going to switch to VZ. They said they would waive my early termination fee if I was still having issues after I try microcell. Worth a try (This was about 2 years ago).

5enohpi

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2012
Philly/Vegas
I live in an old insulated building built in the 40's. Outside my building I have full bars as soon as I walk in it drops to 1 or 2. I called and bitched at ATT till they gave me a free one and ever since then I have full bars inside my house and on the patio when I stand outside so to answer your Q its definetely a good idea if you have no service in your house or office

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.