Carrier AT&T iPhone 5c... How to send Declined calls to Voicemail instead of Busy Signal?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by koesherbacon, Aug 4, 2014.

1. koesherbacon macrumors member

I just got a new iPhone 5c and have noticed a little annoyance.

Before, with my old Android phone, when I clicked "Decline" it would sent the call directly to my Google Voice voicemail.

Now, when I click "Decline' it just plays a busy signal.

Is there a way to set up the iPhone to automatically send Declined calls to my Google Voice VM instead of playing the busy signal? I loved being able to this on my Android phone, but I can't figure out how to do this on this new phone.

Any thoughts you have will really help me out!

Thanks a lot!

2. koesherbacon thread starter macrumors member

Please disregard the above.

I figured it out.

If anyone else wants to learn how to do this, follow these steps:

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2010/11/11/how-to-forward-your-iphone-voicemails-to-google-voice/

Before you do that, though, you should follow the bottom steps and deactivate the phone first. Simply dial ##004#.

Then go to voice.google.com and click on settings. Then on deactivate phone. Then reactivate your phone. Google Voice will call you, and you'll have to respond with a numeric code.

After you've got that, it'll show you another number to call that will look something like this: *004*555-555-5555#. Just follow the steps there and you should be in business.

Worked like a charm for me!

Instead of getting a busy signal, now the declined calls go directly to Google Voice.