AT&T iPhone 5c, Tmobile LTE?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MBPnoob, Oct 28, 2013.

1. MBPnoob macrumors regular

Hello all. I've decided to sell my Galaxy Nexus and take the leap in to the wonderful world of iOS.

As you can see, I'm coming from an unlocked GSM HSPA+ phone, so I'm not very knowledgeable about locked phones. My question is this:

I have a blue AT&T locked iPhone 5c coming to me. I do NOT plan on renewing my contract with AT&T and will switch to Tmobile (unless AT&T decides to become "uncarrier" as well, but that's for another time).
    Will my iPhone 5c work on Tmobile, once I have it unlocked? And, not just work, but LTE data as well?

Thanks for your alls attention! Looking forward to having my first iPhone!

2. Akack macrumors 6502a

The unlocked 5C : If and only if TMobile has LTE signal in your area.

3. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Yes, once you unlock the AT&T 5c it will work with T-Mobile all the way up to LTE as long as such service is available in your area. Also, I've found my iPhone 5s does NOT pick up the T-Mobile LTE signal as well as my prior HTC One did when I'm indoors.

Cheers,

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Yes, it will work just fine once unlocked.

Be aware though that there seems to be issues with carrier unlocking services. before you break contract, you should probably find someone with an AT&T account in good standing to help you submit an unlock request to AT&T directly.

5. MBPnoob thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you all for your quick answers. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm sure this will help others with the same question(s) in the future.

:eek:

6. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Yes it will work fully with T-Mobile. If you have an AT&T account and the iPhone 5c is fully paid for you can request an unlock from AT&T customer service. Request the unlock before canceling your AT&T service. Not after.