AT&T iPhone 6/6 Plus on Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DeanLubaki, Oct 10, 2014.

1. DeanLubaki macrumors regular

DeanLubaki

Hi,
    I know we've been throught this in the iPhone 5/5s era, but I wanted to know since a few things changed: can an AT&T iPhone 6 or 6 Plus be activated on Verizon?

I'm re-asking this because all iPhone 6 Series (A1522) shows both IMEI and MEID in Settings > General > About (where a GSM iPhone 5/5s only showed the IMEI).

If someone could try, I'd be really grateful (I live in Canada and often come in the US and I hate AT&T/T-Mobile (poor coverage and reliability)).

2. DrakeMcEachern macrumors 6502

Yes

3. jlp2979 macrumors 6502a

Yes, but with a caveat. You can't bring in a non-Verizon iPhone 6 and activate NEW service with Verizon. You can use an already active Verizon SIM card in an AT&T iPhone 6 and it will work perfectly.

4. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

And this is the big caveat really. You can't sign up for new service with a non-Verizon iPhone 6/6+. I'm not even sure if you can use iPhones on Verizon prepaid. Last I remember, their prepaid was 3G only so no SIM-based LTE devices allowed. Has that changed now?

I have an unlocked ATT 6+ on Verizon right now but service/SIM was activated with my old Verizon 5c.

5. DeanLubaki thread starter macrumors regular

DeanLubaki

So basically, I need to find the IMEI/MEID of a Verizon Phone to activate it on prepaid and then put the SIM in my iPhone 6?