AT&T Iphone 6+ LTE speed slow on T-mobile NW

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DaveMike11, May 4, 2015.

1. DaveMike11 macrumors member

Hi All,

I recently switched from AT&T to T-mobile. I got my AT&T iphone 6+ unlocked from AT&T before I switched to T-mobile.

I noticed that the LTE speeds are slower in my iphone 6+ compared with my friend's T-mobile Note 4 phone. My friend was getting double speed than my iphone 6+. Like my phone was clocking 30 mbps and my friend's phone was clocking 61 mbps.

I spoke to the T-mobile rep in store. He is telling me that this is normal with an non t-mobile phone whereas if i had a phone from t-mobile i would get higher speeds. What do you guys think about this, Is this normal & any settings i need to do to increase my LTE speed.

Pls advice.

2. DaveMike11 thread starter macrumors member

3. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

That is not normal at all. The AT&T iPhone is same as the TMobile version. Same model number and everything.

Maybe both of you are on different bands of the netowrk?

4. DaveMike11 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply. The different bands possible. Do you know if I had to do any manual settings to match the T-mobile bands so I get the same LTE speeds.

5. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

6. CEmajr macrumors 601

The Note 4 has Band 12 as well while the iPhone doesn't. They might be using carrier aggregation in your market.

7. chrisadams macrumors newbie

There is no difference in the T-Mobile and AT&T (and VZW for that matter) iPhone 6 or 6+. They are all identical as far as hardware and software goes.

If you are in a region that has 700mhz enabled that would explain the speed difference but the Note 4 has the other bands that iPhone's have. I'm hoping that the 6S has band 12 then I might upgrade.