AT&T: "iPhone is now enabled to dial & Roam internatinonally"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PracticalMac, Apr 11, 2012.

1. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

I just got message,
    not sure what changed to what it was before (I may be going on trip in few months)

Enlighten please

2. bill-p macrumors 65816

Reads to me like

"We are now able to reach your handset even if you are oversea, and we are definitely going to charge the socks off of your account for every millisecond you spend over there. Good day, sir"

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

If you asked for that service, then you'd get that message. Otherwise, I'd call AT&T.

For example, I called AT&T and had that feature added, so I could use my phone while in Europe.

4. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Did not ask for it.
    Do not plan to go anywhere.
    Did not go anywhere far recently.

Anyone else get this message out of blue?

5. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

I did it means your phone can roam internationally ALBEIT at ridiculous ridiculous rates.No extra charge(To have the ability to roam)But you will be charged alot for minutes and data if you do.I once came back from london with a 3 thousand dollar bill

6. dave420 macrumors 65816

I did a while back. My account was prohibited from making international calls for a while because I had late payments, and I got that message one day when they decided to allow me to make international calls again. I think I received it again for no reason as well.

7. artguy10 macrumors member

artguy10

I called them and asked

I just got that message out of the blue, so I called AT&T and asked them about it. They said that it doesn't mean anything's changed, they just send the message out to people so that they're informed about what the phone can do.

However, I will certainly agree that poorly worded message implies that you requested that they enabled that feature.

8. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I am guessing you are hoping against all odds your phone was magically factory unlocked. It was not and cannot be without iTunes.

If I misread your dreams, disregard this post. :p