AT&T is charging me for 2 data plans?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by frequeniquity, Sep 20, 2012.

1. frequeniquity macrumors member

frequeniquity

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but yesterday I received an email from customer care letting me know I changed my plan and what my new charges would be. You have to log into AT&T's site and it downloaded a PDF with my new contract.

I see that I'm being charged for DataPro 5GB for iPhone on 4G LTE w/VVM AND DataPro 5GB for iPhone w/VVM, both for $50.

[​IMG]

I get why I'm being charged for the LTE but why is the other one still on there? On Apple's site it doesn't show that on my rate plan. I had unlimited data but had to switch due to tethering. The voice and messaging is grandfathered in from when I bought my iPhone 3G.

[​IMG]

Has anyone seen this? I can't head out to a store or call until later since I'm at work. I could switch to the mobile share but it's $25 more per month on the 6GB plan from what I'm paying right now. I don't need unlimited voice or messaging. Hopefully I can get this straightened out today before chaos ensues tomorrow.

I ordered through apple.com, if that matters.

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Pure speculation on my part, but it probably has something to do with the fact that you're going from a plan that does not have LTE service to one that does.

I wouldn't get too concerned until you actually get charged for two data plans, but this should be easily corrected.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I got the same thing. Thing is, it's NOT prorated, it's showing the full $45 for the entire month for both. (image attached)

Sounds like this is a screwup; I hope they fix it because otherwise their customer service dept is going to get SWAMPED when the first bill hits!

Attached Files:

• wtf.png
      wtf.png
      File size:
      39.3 KB
      Views:
  5. 617aircav Suspended

When you called att what did they say?

6. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

I have same thing don't think you wil get charged for that though

7. OMGYourMom macrumors newbie

Its weird i know, but when you recieve the bill at the end of the month portion of the price will be reduced. Happened when my cousin upgraded to 3g.

8. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Now you're just talking crazy. It would be a complete waste of time to call the company customer service immediately when you can just as easily ask for assistance from 40,000 complete strangers. Stop trying to confuse everybody with your common sense! ;)

9. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

Those CSS's get screwed up all the time. Is probably because you pre-ordered. Don't sweat it. You'll be fine.

10. nandopr, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012

nandopr macrumors regular

nandopr

Mine shows the same. Charged twice. I think that once we activate the phone the old one will be gone.

11. TRowe81 macrumors newbie

I've experienced something similar. I pre-ordered two phones from Apple last Friday, and gave up grandfathered unlimited for the 6GB Shared plan. According my CSS, each phone has a $125.00 plan attached to it, as opposed to sharing a plan for $160.00.

I'm not too worried about it. I'll let things simmer down before I call AT&T; I'm sure they're being bombarded by support calls. Who knows, maybe it'll work itself out before I get my bill.

12. nostresshere macrumors 68030

I surely would not waste my time calling in about this. Wait for your bill to come out, and the iphone frenzy to slack off.

Good chance your actual bill will be fine.

Let it ride.