Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pravda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
Philly
Been having issues with data and AT&T after the latest 8.4 update.
Cant send MMS (gets stuck and then says unable to send), Siri says can't connect to internet. Cant send Share My Location to others.

Meanwhile, i am able to check mail, load up safari, etc.

Edited; Just got off the phone with AT&T, said its an Apple and iOS 8.4 issue with network and servers, they are aware and working on a fix.

iJcaP

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
I'm from the South Florida area and Apple Maps and Siri don't work. In maps I can get my location, but I cant get directions. I downloaded Google Maps and everything worked fine. No other apps have internet connection issues. But this just started because it was working fine yesterday and this morning.

Also on AT&T BTW.

Reactions: theonekcrow

theonekcrow

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Indiana
In Central Indiana, and I am experiencing the same thing with Siri... Keeps losing internet connection. Siri will actually only work on WiFi right now.

Also, weather will not update to correct location. Weather app only says "Local Weather"

Should mention I am on AT&T

99turbo

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2008
Same experience here. Apple and ATT are doing a bit pointing at each other, but it's sinking in that this is pretty important.

99turbo

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2008
Just spoke with Apple. The issue has been sent to their Engineering folks. I can do without Maps and Beats/Apple Music. But I'll miss Siri in the car (temporarily losing hands-free). Apple Radio seems to work. And I have Waze instead of Apple Maps, so it's not a total loss. ;>)

Tcp100

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2015
Just spoke with Apple. The issue has been sent to their Engineering folks. I can do without Maps and Beats/Apple Music. But I'll miss Siri in the car (temporarily losing hands-free). Apple Radio seems to work. And I have Waze instead of Apple Maps, so it's not a total loss. ;>)

Same issues here. Washington DC, AT&T. App store updates, iCloud sign in, maps and even initial iCloud connection will not work over cellular. All fine over WiFi. Third party apps work over cellular.

Tried all levels of resets - same issue. All started with iOS 8.4 update this morning.

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
Same thing here in Atlanta on AT&T. No Siri. No find my friends. Phone says it's not connected to the internet. Updated to 8.4 this afternoon.

Safari works as do 3rd party apps.

Guessing it's either 8.4 related, or maybe all this new Music streaming is jamming up Apple's servers?

theonekcrow

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Indiana
A couple of threads that I am seeing on the Apple support forums seems to be pointing to this only affecting AT&T Customers. Must be a problem on their end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.