AT&T LTE just went live this afternoon in Seattle

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tweak3D, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Tweak3D macrumors regular

See the title and please discuss! I don't have an LTE phone at this time, but am excited to see it finally arrive and would love to see the speeds and improvements others are/will experience.

2. engelke2010, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012

engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I am so jealous! I live outside Portland, Oregon and have been very eagerly anticipating AT&T rolling out LTE here. It's supposed to be sometime in the next month, but I am not holding my breath.

(edit) I guess I can now start holding my breath if I can believe the person I just spoke with when I called my local store. She said end of the month. That kinda surprised me. Of course I will remain pessimistic until it actually happens.

I am happy for everyone in Seattle. It couldn't happen to a better city, well...it could (Portland), but Seattle's the next best place! ;)

3. Tweak3D thread starter macrumors regular

haha, I was wondering when it would happen here, but I just saw from a friend who works for AT&T corporate in Seattle that they flipped the switch today and will be announcing it in a press release sometime tomorrow!

4. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

yes it went fully live this evening! partner says the official PR will be tomorrow

5. Tweak3D thread starter macrumors regular

just got more confirmations, LTE active in the following areas for sure:

Seattle
    Bellevue
    Lynnwood
    Renton
    Covington
    Federal Way
    Tacoma

6. silverhick macrumors newbie

7. MJedi macrumors 6502a

MJedi

Not good for me. I was using lack of LTE as an excuse not to get the iPhone 5. Now that LTE is here, my willpower is failing. :eek:

But it's good for us Washingtonians. :D

8. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

When I ordered my iPhone 5 att a local att store in a suburb of Portland, they told me they announced that morning that LTE will be live by the end of the month, most likely for launch.

9. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

what is this 'portland' you folks keep speaking of? ;)

10. jschulbach macrumors newbie

Is there a map of the coverage for Portland? I'm up in Vancouver and curious if we'll see any coverage as part of the Portland LTE rollout.

11. Robby macrumors newbie

Great News!

So excited to hear this. The lack of LTE in Seattle was the only thing that had me bummed about getting the iPhone 5.

12. note235 macrumors 6502a

13. ObsidianBlade macrumors regular

I wish AT&T would update their coverage maps so I can see what areas of my country are covered and which aren't!

14. apierrec macrumors 6502

Please post the complete list if there's more.

oh wait, this is exclusive for the west coast areas? :D