AT&T...LTE NEVER on?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pchukwura, Sep 26, 2012.

1. pchukwura macrumors newbie

So I was in downtown Palo Alto, and someone I was sitting next to had an iPhone 5 as well, however, his said 'LTE' on the upper left. But mine does not. My device only displays "4G".

According to AT&T's map this whole area is supposedly in LTE territory. Is there something I have to do to make sure LTE is actually on? I've done speed tests and I never get above 5Mbps-9Mbps.

Anyone else experience the same?

2. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

I had that happen to me today right after activation.

I called AT&T and they did some stuff and had me reboot the phone and it started working.

I would call them as soon as you can, because there is a good chance they have you on the wrong data plan and/or have you as having the wrong phone.

They had me as having an iPhone 4s. LOL...

3. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Call att. this has been a problem for some people and it required some reprovisioning on att's end.

4. Radiating macrumors 65816

You need to reset your network settings, have AT&T reset your sim, and then uninstal and reinstal your sim card.

5. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Happen to my wife on release day, Apple verified it was a problem with the phone after I replaced the sim from ATT and swapped my phone with her sim, but they didn't have my model in stock so gave the wife mine and returned hers, I am back on my 4S and she is now fine with LTE on my 5

6. pchukwura thread starter macrumors newbie

Calling them now..(on hold) so we'll see. While i'm waiting, how would I reset my network settings? I already did a power cycle and nothing changed.

I also hope i have the tools to remove the SIM card if I need to.

7. pchukwura thread starter macrumors newbie

Still speaking with AT&T, they did a reset on their side and i power cycled, but still no go. Where I live too is blanketed by LTE but phone for some reason never picks it up.

8. pchukwura thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, so AT&T was able to do a reset on their side and my phone now picks up LTE service!

9. formulatwo macrumors member

Congrats. Can't wait to try out LTE tomorrow. :D