AT&T LTE ... Where is it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dwalls90, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Feb 5, 2009
    AT&T LTE has supposedly been in Boston (and suburban outlying areas of Boston) for a year now. But when I traveled into the city with my family, there was no LTE coverage.

Is anyone else experiencing this lack of LTE iPhone 5 coverage, in areas in which AT&T supposedly has coverage? Or is the LTE functionality in my iPhone 5 just broken?
  2. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

Oct 5, 2010
    Huntiingon Beach, CA
    There have been some posts of needing to call AT&T and have them switch you over to a LTE data plan before it works. You might need to do that.
  3. darkwolf2 macrumors newbie

Jun 15, 2010
    I'm in downtown Seattle, AT&T LTE was released here about 3 days ago. Since receiving my phone yesterday I had not seen it connect to LTE once, so after trying all the normal resetting network settings, reseating the SIM card, etc I finally gave AT&T a call.

I asked about "refreshing my network registration" which I had read about in another thread and the tech went through the process on his end, nothing at first then I tried resetting my network settings again (while on hold on another phone) and about a minute later LTE popped up.
  4. FelixDerKater macrumors 68020

Apr 12, 2002
    It comes and goes. Sometimes, it shows 4G and other times, LTE.

When it is on LTE, it screams. With one bar of reception, I got 24.8Mbps down / 3.86Mbps up.
  5. Dwalls90 thread starter macrumors 601

Feb 5, 2009
    So typical of AT&T, nothing just works. :rolleyes:

I'll try resetting network settings on their phones.
  6. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

Sep 20, 2012
    Never had a problem with AT&T in 5 years I've had them. Good luck
  7. elixxxer macrumors member

Sep 20, 2012
    I'm in Chicago and have had the LTE indicator on 90% of everywhere I've gone. It's decently quick.
  8. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

Sep 20, 2012
    Hey, I'm in lynnwood and lte is kicking ass. It's gotta be something with your phone.