AT&T Mobile Share - Added Line Question (Caller ID, iTunes, etc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JulesK, Sep 10, 2012.

1. JulesK macrumors 6502

This perhaps goes under "should have asked first...", but can someone tell me how an existing AT&T mobile account (wife's) that was added to my account (and then made part of a new Mobile Share plan) is affected beyond billing? The "new" number showed up under my name when I look at my account online, and I've changed the user profile information for that line to her information. I was told by the AT&T rep that I could change the Caller ID name to hers, but haven't figured out how yet if it's different than changing the profile information.

My big question is whether that affects her use of the phone with iTunes. Any experiences/thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

2. cableguy619 macrumors 6502

click on your name at the top of the webpage once logged onto mobile account.

this will bring you to your profile page, then check profile information, chose the number you want to change and you an then change the name of the person of the phone. i just reently did this and works within 24 hours.

Link should work once logged in:

https://www.att.com/olam/profile.ol...onEvent=A_PROF_PROF_START_PROFILE_LANDING_SUB

3. dave006 macrumors 68020

The AT&T account status has Zero impact on the actual device and the way she connects or uses iTunes.

Dave