AT&T Mobile Share Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thenumbersrbad, Nov 20, 2012.

1. thenumbersrbad macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

hi. so i know that sometimes at&t reps don't know what they are talking about and i wanted to get the opinion of the good people here. i searched for a thread on this and couldn't find it.

here's the deal - i have 4 iphones on my at&t account and i have two ipads that are wifi only. if i switch to the mobile share i now have hotspot. if i turn on the hotspot can i just connect any wifi enabled device?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's correct.
    You can tether to any wifi device. Laptops, tablets etc...

3. thenumbersrbad thread starter macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

that was my understanding but the guy from at&t told me it'd be $10 for the ipad and i'd have to get a data card for my computer

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You dont need any data cards and its $10 for your ipad if its a 3G/4G ipad with a sim card that will connect seperately to AT&T's network on its own without needing wifi.
    Your ipad is wifi only so there is no charge for that. You just turn on the wifi hotspot and tether to anything you want.
    Again many AT&T reps are clueless as you can see and they cant do their job right:D
    We know lots more details without even working there, its sad:D

5. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Wirelessly posted

The $10 for be iPad is so you can connect to the network without requiring a "tethered" connection. If you always have your iPhone with you, there is no reason to pay this $10 fee.

What's funny is FaceTime! My daughter has a WiFi only model. I cannot FaceTime with my iPhone over AT&T's network (yet), but I can tether my daughters iPad and FaceTime just fine.

I'm on a tiered plan. AT&T is suppose to fix this for LTE devices in the coming weeks, but it doesn't stop FaceTime for iPads, iTouches when tethered. Truly unbelievable.