AT&T network performance issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TL24, Nov 1, 2011.

1. TL24 macrumors 6502a

TL24

Has anyone else noticed that AT&T's network has been acting up lately? It started yesterday afternoon, I noticed that I was having a hard time loading up pages or doing anything web related. I checked with other AT&T users as well around here (Minnesota) and they're also experiencing the same issue.

Anyone else?

2. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I actually have had data issues sporadically today as well, though I'm in Columbus, OH. It's rather odd, as normally data is rock solid in the entire metro area.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

AT&T's US network is huge.
    Different areas might have different reception or data issues or outages.
    Best thing is to call them and find out what's going on and when they're estimating will be fixed.

4. TL24 thread starter macrumors 6502a

TL24

Thing is, I've been around town and I'm having the same issue wherever I go so I doubt it's an area issue? Either way I'm going to call AT&T once I'm off of work here to see what the deal is.

5. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I'm in Central Ohio and I have been having the same issues, started around the same time as you stated. Resetting network settings did nothing, next step restoring from iTunes.

6. TL24 thread starter macrumors 6502a

TL24

Yeah I forgot to mention that I also tried resetting my network and I had no luck with that either. I'm thinking it's a network wide AT&T outage of some sort, hopefully they get it resolved soon!

7. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I didn't even see you were from my area, I'm thinking it is a network thing then.

8. MacKai macrumors regular

MacKai

In the SF Bay Area. I get very slow data while on the phone. Defeats the whole purpose of being able to talk and be on the web at the same time.

9. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Yeah, data is still dead in Columbus. I've restarted the phone, reset network settings, and it's still dead. I highly doubt it's the phone. Seems like they confirmed a SanFrancisco outage today, and I think that it's likely pretty widespread. Wonder what's going on.

10. Jman13 macrumors 68000

11. zmulleni macrumors regular

zmulleni

I am further up north in Ohio from Columbus and have had data fall in and out for the last 2 days. It was so bad today that I went to the AT&T store on my lunch break, I couldn't load any pages in Safari or access any data through apps. The rep said that they hadn't had any bulletins about outages and said that all of the towers around me looked fine. He even let me behind the counter to show me that towers very far east (towards the OH-PA border) had been acting up but nothing that my phone would be connecting to. I got a new Sim Card anyways and the Rep advised me to go to the Apple Store.

After reading this thread there is something definitely going on and I'm glad I am not the only one... I was starting to think that I was going crazy! I also reset network settings, restarted the device, re-seated the Sim, etc. Going to do a restore and give it another day or two, then if nothing happens I'm off to Apple!

To be more specific in case others are having issues I was in the Stow & Hudson Area... which is North of Akron and South of Cleveland. lol

12. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I've been having issues all day in Central Kentucky. Slow to nonexistent data when using apps (Facebook and Tweetbot), things won't load, etc. My wife also mentioned that she couldn't get a text to send starting around 2 pm and continuing until she left work. Texts seem to be working fine, but the data problem persists.

I'm thinking it may be a network issue, not a phone issue.

13. zmulleni macrumors regular

zmulleni

Very much agreed, I'm doing a restore anyway just to see, I do not have all that much on my phone at the moment so it's nothing lol. Hopefully more reports filter in to at&t and they are able to address the issue within the next day or two.

14. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Not in my area of Columbus, and the 5 other people I know are having the same issues.

ETA: I do believe it's network not phone

15. TL24 thread starter macrumors 6502a

TL24

Yeah this is definitely a network issue and not a phone issue, I just hope they get it fixed ASAP! :mad:

16. edemup macrumors newbie

I had issues last night and today in the Dayton, OH area. Very Slow and sometimes it would say cannot connect to network even though I had 5 bars.

17. JustLeft macrumors 6502

I was also having issues this afternoon and am in Central Ohio. Out of curiosity, did you try loading some web pages on any of the store's demo phones? That would have proved or disproved a network issue.

18. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I had issue Sunday and called CS. Big network issues in the NorthEast. She said she never seen so much red which means its bad. Also never seen issues this large. I'm in Philly. She said by today issues should be fixed and she was right.

19. zmulleni macrumors regular

zmulleni

They were all on Wi-Fi and I didn't think of it at the moment. I was trying to be relatively quick (on my lunch break) although the rep had a 4s and tried to load espn.com on 3g and had the exact same issues that I had. He said that his was working fine all day and thought that it could have been espn's site that was having issues. Wish I knew what I know now about everyone else having issues in this region as I would have been a little more persistent about the issue.

20. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

Boy, am I glad I saw this thread. On Monday, I just received my new 8gb iPhone 4. Yesterday, and today, my 3G performance has been terrible. In fact, speed test won't even run, sometimes. Here, I thought that I got a bad phone. Hopefully, AT&T gets it together.

21. JustLeft macrumors 6502

I think you got the answer when he tried to load ESPN on 3G. I wish AT&T was honest about their network performance.

22. aeaglex07 macrumors 6502

aeaglex07

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm having the same problems in TN. I reset settings and everything. Safari won'toad pages and Facebook, twitter etc is slow.

23. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

3G has been a blast for me since September. AT&T upgraded the 3G cell sites in my area to fiber optic backhaul and the ping wen't from 500Ms to 60Ms. Data speed also wen't from 0.2Mbps/0.3Mbps to 2.4Mbps/1.1Mbps.

24. KFujiwara macrumors member

KFujiwara

I've been having network issues all day in Minnesota around the Twin Cities and assumed it was on AT&T's end. We'll have to see how things are looking tomorrow.

25. Timenprayer macrumors newbie

Glad to hear it

I am actually really glad to hear this. I had major data issues in Columbus, Ohio today as well. There were times where my phone could not connect data connection at all today. I even called AT&T to ask about it and was told the standard all towers are working fine. it seems a quite a few folks were having this issue though.