AT&T Next Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Paulshaqz, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

So I Was looking In My Account And It Say's I'm Not Ineligible To Get Another Phone But Since iPhone 6 Is Gonna Be Released Soon it Say's to Pay $37.00 and Trade In The Phone To Be Eligible Dose That Mean $37.00 On Top Of My Next Bill And I Get To Upgrade Or Dose That Mean I Have To Pay $37.00 On Top Of My Bill And Pay For The Phone Too? Thanks In Advance.

2. PM-Performance macrumors 6502

That meants $37 a month for like 20 months until the phone is paid off on top of your normal bill

3. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

How do you get it to capitalize the first letter of each word?

4. uwdude macrumors 6502a

maybe i should type a reply with no capitals, lol. that will get him!

5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

6. vtgeek macrumors newbie

In Safari You Type Normally, Highlight The Test And Then Go Under The Edit Menu And Select The Transportations Menu, Capitalize. IT ALSO DOES MAKE UPPER CASE. and also make lowercase.

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

+1 internets. Never seen that before. Thanks!

8. STEVEN P. JOBS macrumors newbie

The real question is why would want to capitalize every word of a sentence?

9. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

But he missed a few words?? Must have been done manually. :confused:

10. dwfaust macrumors 601

dwfaust

Pity the poor OP. You know, they guy whose post/thread was totally crapped on.

The way Next works is if you go all the way through the process, you get to keep the phone, and then get a new one. If you upgrade before the phone is totally paid for, you have to turn in your current phone to get the new one. You still have to pay for the new phone.

According to the AT&T rep with whom I discussed converting to the Mobile Share plan, you have to pay the tax up front (I would think that it’s more than $37, but whatever)... and still make payments on your new phone.

11. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

If you upgrade yearly, you've always got a phone payment. Like people who only lease their vehicles, never purchase. On the other hand, it is an interest-free loan.

We went on the Next plan when my daughter bought a 5C in June. She paid about $42 in taxes, then started making phone payments the following month. (I have her pay $50/mo because I want the phone paid off them month she [hopefully] graduates from high school.)

We also switched to a shared-date plan then, and AT&T gave us a $15/line discount. I don't think it has anything to do with the Next plan, though.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

The discount is actually for non-contract phones, so a Next phone qualifies as such and thus gets a discount on those plans.

13. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

I see. Our other two phones are still on contract, though. Contract ends next March but we're eligible for "early upgrade." The 6 is so tempting, but will mean an additional ~$65 a month for two phones.

14. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance

$37 a month for iPhone 6? I'm doing next to upgrade from my 5s and we don't yet $ per month since we need apple to make announcement on 9-9-14 on the i6 pricing. Where you get $37 from? Thanx

15. Paulshaqz thread starter macrumors 6502a

if you go on your att account and see if you can upgrade i have the option to pay to upgrade which is $37.00 or pay full price... i talked to one of the reps a lil while ago and basically i have one more payment for the 12 month option to upgrade a new contract.

16. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance

AT&T Next Question

That I know. I recently upgraded my wife's line to next for a galaxy s5. What I'm saying how they know is $37...we don't know the cost of the i6 yet.

17. Paulshaqz thread starter macrumors 6502a

my only guess would be $37.00 and you can upgrade to any phone that's out at the moment.

18. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance

I know. Waiting to hopefully pre order the i6 via next and then sale my unlocked gold 32gb 5s

19. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

So you get to keep the phone after it's paid off right? :p

20. dwfaust, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014

dwfaust macrumors 601

dwfaust

Yes. The only time you don’t get to keep the phone is if you upgrade early. In that case, you turn the phone in, get a new one and make payments on the new one.

I think the early upgrade is after 12 months on the 20 month payment plan and 18 months on the 24 month plan.

21. C DM macrumors Westmere

You can also pay off the balance and update early when you want to (and keep the phone).

22. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

You can also pay off the 12 month part early, give it back and get a new one.