AT&T Next through Apple store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bluestarCVO, Jun 18, 2014.

1. bluestarCVO macrumors member

bluestarCVO

Hi everyone! I usually get every iphone on launch day either in store or online if pre-orders are allowed. Looks like that might change this year if I want to get one on launch day and use AT&T next. Currently, I see no way to buy one through the Next program on Apple's website. Anyone think that may change before the 6 launches? I really enjoy getting the new phone every year on launch day, but I do not want to have to go through AT&T. I like going to the Apple Store.

Seeing as more and more people are swaying towards using Next/Edge/etc. that Apple would begin allowing these purchase options on their site. Or maybe I'm wrong and it's up to the carriers. Thoughts?

2. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I've been wondering the same thing. Hopefully, things will be set up ahead of the iPhone 6 launch to enable us to purchase through Apple but use the Next plan. I mean, we could purchase before through Apple and start a new two-year contract.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I asked the AT&T rep at the store and was told that the AT&T Next can only be done at the AT&T store. Best Buy Mobile, Apple store, etc does not offer Next/Edge/etc. Buying from BBM or Apple store, etc only does the standard 2 year upgrade or a full price.

Who knows, things can change and AT&T may allow Apple to let the customer upgrade using the AT&T Next, only time will tell.

4. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Thanks for the update.

5. bluestarCVO thread starter macrumors member

bluestarCVO

I hope AT&T does end up letting Apple sell iPhones on be next program. I sure don't want to have to line up at the AT&T store on launch day. Would much rather be at the Apple Store. A lot less problems there and a lot more inventory. Besides, I just like the launch day experience at the Apple Store.

6. ricktat macrumors 65816

Best Buy does offer NEXT in store now. I don't know if it is only select locations or not.

So Apple could offer this if they wanted to.

Introducing AT&T Next, now at Best Buy

We know how exciting it is to get a new smartphone. But waiting until your contract is over to get the hottest, new model isn't. AT&T has made upgrading fast, convenient, and flexible with AT&T Next.

7. bluestarCVO thread starter macrumors member

bluestarCVO

Well that's good news. Now that at least one company outside of AT&T is offering their Next program, other retailers (including Apple) should soon follow.

8. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

9. jnappleseed macrumors member

Best Buy Mobile does AT&T Next, Verizon Edge, and Sprint Framily with Easypay. At BBYM locations, embedded tablets can only be done on installment billing for Edge and Easy Pay. If the customer would like to add an embedded tablet on installment billing with AT&T, it must be done at an AT&T corporate store.

10. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I think ATT NEXT is already available on the apple website. I saw it last night when I was browsing through it.

11. Eileen89, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014

Eileen89 macrumors 65816

AT&T Next through Apple store?

Correct. I just went through Apple now to check on this and I see that AT&T Next is now available as a choice. Just hope it allows me to keep my UL data plan when I order the iPhone 6 next month.

[​IMG]

EDIT: From the last part of my test order it looks like UL data users will be able to keep it if we go with AT&T NEXT. They did remove my $10 UL messaging plan, though, so I will have to contact AT&T to change it back after I get the iPhone 6.

[​IMG]

12. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Interesting, So AT&T next 12 is 42.50? hmm they must have raised it by 10 bucks. I mean I did the AT&T Next 12 for my Galaxy S5 and only had to pay $32.50. Is it because the $42.50 is for the iphone?

Edit: Ah the 64 GB model is 42.50 NVM.

13. ogremoustro macrumors 6502a

ogremoustro

I wonder if Apple will implement the EIP+Jump! soon.

14. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Is that $399 price for a 64GB iPhone?

----------

We have 2 iPhone 5's on AT&T (not Next) that we want to upgrade to the 6 but I want to trade-in both 5's. Apple currently is offering $185 while AT&T is offering $175.

Is it possible to pre-order on the Apple site when available, have them delivered to the local Apple store so I can walk in and do the trade-in?

15. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

Yes, that is $399. for the 64GB model. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, butt I do not remember the IN store pick up option being available at launch.

16. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

You're right. In store pick up wasn't available at the launch of the 5s.

17. bobright macrumors 601

Will Apple sell us the phone for full retail to use on AT&T network?

18. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

That's what I feared. So can I walk in at launch and order for store delivery? I don't stand in lines and I don't need it at launch - a few weeks won't matter.

19. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

Yes, you can purchase the AT&T model at full retail by going into an Apple store. Currently, Apple does not sell the AT&T, Verizon or Sprint model at full retail online.

20. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Att least with att next you can keep your unlimited data. Verizon I'm looking at your greedyness. Dam me for being a verizon customer.

21. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

Since AT&T's NEXT program is now working with Apple I think it's only a matter of time before the other carriers offer their similar programs through Apple as well.

22. bobright macrumors 601

I don't understand why not. Do they usually take cash because I remember the first iPhone you needed a debit card.

23. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

I'm not sure why the full retail isn't an option online either, especially since a lot of the carriers are trying to get away from contracts anyway. I think you can pay in cash at the Apple store, but I've never done it before. I pay by credit card as it carries a little extra insurance on it.

24. bobright macrumors 601

It's probably so people don't buy them in mass amounts and resell them for profit.

25. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

If I were you I would just go online as soon as it's up and order that way and have it sent to your house. If you order in the store they are just going to have you jump on one of the computers they have set up and order like you would if you had ordered from home and store pick up still won't be an option that way.

If you are set on store pick up then you might have to watch the site for a week or two until that becomes an option. I forget how long it was before store pick up was an option last year.