AT&T Next Upgraders - Is AT&T Asking for your old phone back?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bcct63, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Bcct63 macrumors newbie

I upgraded from an iPhone 7 to X through AT&T Next. First through the preorder, which I cancelled when I found one in the store on launch day. Since that time, it's been silent from AT&T. I believe/know that I need to return my old phone, but I've received no emails, texts, boxes, reminders, etc. from AT&T. I believe that I may have a mailing label that printed out at the Apple store with my receipt, but that's it.

Has anybody heard from AT&T? Do they send a box, etc? Or maybe we're supposed to know enough to send it back in our own box. Any help would be appreciated!

2. LGIR627 macrumors member

You should have received instructions with the mailing label when you upgraded. When I upgraded online, I was told to use the box the new phone came in. When I upgraded in store this year, I had to provide my own shipping box.

They don't start to contact you or remind you until closer to the 14 day point when the phone is due.

3. 960design macrumors 68030

When AT&T delivered the iPhoneX, the box included a return label. Just put your old phone into the original shipping box, place the return label on the outside and deliver to UPS.

4. harlenmm77 macrumors 6502

If you do the next upgrade in the store, they usually take the old phone back then. If you do it online, they send you a box.

5. Bcct63 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I don't have a box because I upgraded in the Apple store. Looks like I'll need to find one and use the mailing label. Thanks again!

6. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68030

MuGeN PoWeR

so when upgrading are you supposed to send back only the old phone or all the accessories as well? as with IUP you just have to turn in your old iPhone!

7. mantan macrumors 68000

I picked mine up at the Apple Store yesterday. The employee doing the upgrade printed a copy of a UPS label for me to mail my old phone back within 14 days.

(Though part of is thinking about keeping it. With the late upgrade cycle, I’m 16 months in. I can pay it off for $250 and pass it down to a family member still using a 5)

8. joefrank64k macrumors 6502

joefrank64k

The instructions that came with all my Next upgrades (including the X) specifically said to NOT include anything other than the iPhone, including the SIM card. Turn off Find My iPhone, wipe the iPhone, send it back.

That’s one nice perk of the Next program IMHO. You end up with a spare charger, Lightning Cable, and EarPods. I always sell the EarPods on eBay for a few bucks.

9. SaveUsBatman macrumors member

SaveUsBatman

Just the iPhone, I believe.

10. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68030

MuGeN PoWeR

ok thanks guys.

11. 960design macrumors 68030

I've done this a couple of times now... something like nine phones. Each time I return only the phone. I keep the old case, charging cable, usb power adapter, ear pods and now the lightning to headphone adapter.