AT&T nights & weekends start a call at 8:55 does it carry over?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Natesac, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

On AT&T if I start a call at 8:55pm and remain connected till 9:05pm do all minutes count toward anytime bucket or does it split between anytime and Nights & Weekends?

I am in an argument with a friend over this. (stupid argument I know)

Does anyone have a definitive answer?

2. Los macrumors regular

No, it doesn't carry over. It has to start right AFTER 9:00 PM.

I had this same question a long time ago, and I learned the hard way unfortunately. :p

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Nope. It'll count 100% towards your anytime bucket unless you start the call at 9:00:01 or later. Likewise, if you start a call 1 minute before the anytime bucket starts early in the morning, it'll be a free call even after the time for charging starts.

4. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

People talk on the phone?

P.S. My monthly minute usage never exceeds 60 minutes but still pay for all 450. Got over 8K rollover minutes too.

5. Natesac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

That's what started this whole question. I did about 10 minutes of math to figure out that if I made a call to a land line at 6am on a Monday, I could leave the call connected till 9:30am Wed. of the following week before I was charged any overage.

But this was assuming all minutes were billed "correctly". If what the replies say is true. I could only go 4.5 days or so.

I know it's silly. I got bored.

6. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

This is a really good idea ... please let us know if it works :cool:

7. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

Usually people in relationships :)

8. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Exactly the point I was gonna make. Although it's nice to text my girlfriend when either one of us is away, it's not the same as talking to her. But we're both on T-Mobile so I don't end up using minutes for that anyway. Basically I barely use any minutes. I wish there was an option to only have 100min or so. I'm paying much more for minutes than I need just because 500 is the minimum I can get.

9. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

For 9 pm conference calls, I've made sure to start calls at 8:59pm or call in earlier, so I can use up my anytime minutes. Otherwise, I hardly use up my anytime minutes at all.

10. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

I have so much rollover mins..I use VoIP thanks to my unlimited data I can call world wide..:D VoIP is the future..most my family/friends are on AT&T..yeah AT&T should start at 7pm not 9pm

11. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. alent1234 macrumors 603

way too much work coding in logic into a billing system to specify cut off times and to calculate how many minutes of each call count to which billing time

13. blarivee macrumors 6502

It will work great if AT&T doesn't drop your call midway through the week, which judging by their service is bound to happen. Also keep in mind they could be doing tower maintenance during the overnight hours that will interrupt your service.