AT&T no longer has 2GB data...now 3GB?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by APPLEFAN8, Sep 12, 2012.

1. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Will I get to keep my 2GB when I preorder the new one? Or will they upgrade me to the 3GB? Also i'm guessing my bill will stay the same even with LTE being rolled out and speeds increasing. Thanks

2. ElZeus macrumors regular

2gb, your bill will stay the same but you will probably get hit with an upgrade fee on your first months bill with the new phone.

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Yeah $36. And you keep the grandfathered 2GB $25 plan. $5 more if you want to have 3GB instead.

4. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

I went in AT&T tonight to setup my new acct in prep for Friday. Talk about a ripoff. They offer 450, 900 and unlimited plans. None of which include texting, so tact on 20 a month for unlimited texting then 30 for 3gb..BS!!

5. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Honestly, if the service near you is decent...check out sprint. I'm stuck as the account holder on a 4-line family AT&T plan. They'll have me forever haha.

6. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

How many SMS texts do you use a month? Not iMessage, but SMS?

7. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

How's it BS? I was just looking at Sprint's site and 450 minutes with unlimited texting and unlimited data (slowest speeds in the US) is $99.99. With AT&T 450 minutes with unlimited texting, unlimited mobile to ANY mobile calling in the US and 3GB of data is $89.99.

EDIT: Just realized Sprint has unlimited mobile to mobile as well.

8. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Sprint has no 4g anything, so they are out. My Verizon 4s and friends sprint 4s were night and day with speed. Sprint is slow!!

Since iMessage I am not sure. Before, maybe 2000.

Because the plan should include unlimited texting. Not charge 20 a month for it. My Verizon plan does. 69 + 30 for data. Text all I want.

9. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

okay, thanks. Since i'm eligible for an upgrade. I forgot about the $36 dollar upgrade fee lol. I'll pre order her friday. Thanks again

10. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

So in other words the brochures should be changed because you can't figure out that it's the exact same price?

EDIT: Wait, you're paying $10 more...

11. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

There are multiple ways to look at this. If EVERYONE is forced to pay for unlimited texting, those who use little (or no) texts are subsidizing prices for those that do. I would much rather pay for services that I actually plan to use, and ONLY services I plan to use, than services that they decide to lump into a giant package (which is what these companies are all starting to do it seems).

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, but as has been shown, when you break down the monthly fees, you really aren't getting ripped off, at least not any worse than you would be with the other carriers.

12. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

Right, AT&T could easily say "450 minutes + unlimited texting for $59.99". Instead, it's 450 minutes for $39.99 and $20 for unlimited texting (and unlimited mobile to any mobile). Either way you cut it, the total is $59.99. Unless you don't want a texting plan at all...

13. ElZeus macrumors regular

NP, Remember most credit cards give cashback if you order through there affiliate/cashback links to the apple store/att/verizon/sprint websites. This should work on pre-orders to save a little bit of money. Or if you have some sort of giftcard / reward bonus best buy might be a cheaper alternative, if they ever announce their pre-order plans...

14. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

My parents are paying for it since my b-day is coming up in october. Gonna get the 32GB and stay with AT&T and pay the bill only like 81 a month for me. Thanks again.